No announcement yet.

Anyone own a Planet Waves Pedal Tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own a Planet Waves Pedal Tuner?

Does anybody own a Planet Waves Pedal Tuner? How do you like it?

Most important, is it bigger or smaller than a Boss stomp box? Can you give me its overall dimensions?

Space is at a premium on my pedalboard, and PW's website is lacking in detail.
    Last edited by Rich_S; 09-14-2006, 07:42 AM.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Re: Anyone own a Planet Waves Pedal Tuner?

I'm going to hijack your thread slightly. Get the Petersen StroboStomp if you want the most accurate tuner available This thing might be several times more expensive than the PW one. Not sure. Just that I know when I have lightning in a bottle and this strobostomp is just that.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I know - if money and pedalboard space were unlimited, that's what I'd buy, no question.

I think I'm just going to re-use my old TU-12 or -15 or whatever it is. It's "vintage" and I hear that's good.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

Comment

The PW is supposed to be very accurate, and readable in bright light. I have trouble seeing my TU-2s in bright daylight.

It is SLIGHTLY smaller than the TU-2, not sure if it would be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller on your board.

The Peterson Strobostomp is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than a Boss TU-2. It is more accurate--accurate enough to do intonation work. However, it may be more accurate than you need for live performance. I feel that the Boss is more than accurate enough, BUT--you definitely need to use it with a BOSS power supply. Other power supplies in my experience have caused it to read innacurately.

Good luck.

Bill
        When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

I'm digging the way the PW and Fender tuners have a large display. IMO, there's nothing more important than being able to look down and see it with out squinting or bending over to see it. To me, the best tuner would have the note as big as possible......at least for a pedalboard. I've always had a Boss TU-12, and it's the only thing that fits in the space on my board. Otherwise, I'd get something that's easier to read, when looking down at it.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Or a Korg DT-10

Comment

Thanks for the helps guys, but you can stop now. I decided to keep my old Boss TU-12H 'cuz it's FREE!!! I have to add my own tune/play button on the pedalboard, but I have some spare 3PDT's lying around, so I'm good to go.
              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
              Rich Stevens

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
                Thanks for the helps guys, but you can stop now. I decided to keep my old Boss TU-12H 'cuz it's FREE!!! I have to add my own tune/play button on the pedalboard, but I have some spare 3PDT's lying around, so I'm good to go.
                Make or buy an A/B switch, and send a one way signal to the tuner on A, and your signal on B.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                X