Dynamic Mics Vs Condensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Mics Vs Condensors

Ok guys , which one works better on live stage dynamic or condensor?????????????????
    sigpicGeetars:
    Fender Daphne Blue Mustang,Fender Jaguar
    Gibson LP Studio(AIIp's),Gibson LP Standard Desert Burst
    Amps:Orange Tiny Terror,Fender 71 Princeton Reverb.Marshall Jcm800(4010)
    Pedals:
    EH Small Clone,Metal Muff,MemorMan,HolyGrail,Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde,Teese RMC3,Fulltone 69,Echoplex EP-3

Re: Dynamic Mics Vs Condensors

Dynamic, usually....they tend pick up sounds in close proximity to them, much better for loud sound sources that are close to each other.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Didn't you just post the feedback thread? Do you have a specific feedback/mic situation that is causing you issues?
      Of course, I lack the requisite intellectual capacity to engage in a theoretical discourse regarding the sociological and ethical implications of the absurd and incongruous concept of personal ownership of firearms and the ridiculous supposition that humans are capable of responsibly using said weapons.

Comment

Dynamic for everything but drum OH's is the norm (for live use).
        www.JeffDunne.com

Comment

yes Binnerscot last week we performed in an auditorium and feed back was bad to the point that while playing lead i went back and started messing up with the PA ,so wanted to make sure this doesn't happen again
          sigpicGeetars:
          Fender Daphne Blue Mustang,Fender Jaguar
          Gibson LP Studio(AIIp's),Gibson LP Standard Desert Burst
          Amps:Orange Tiny Terror,Fender 71 Princeton Reverb.Marshall Jcm800(4010)
          Pedals:
          EH Small Clone,Metal Muff,MemorMan,HolyGrail,Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde,Teese RMC3,Fulltone 69,Echoplex EP-3

Comment

Ahhhh....sorry to hear that, I posted an actual top list in your other thread of feedback issues I run into most commonly when running sound. 90% of feedback problems I have run into fall into those categories. Basically:

Good EQs and knowing how to use them and keeping the stage volume appropriate for the venue.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
              Dynamic for everything but drum OH's is the norm (for live use).
              +1. for most instruments in a live setting, dynamic mic's are the way to go for a number of reasons. they are more durable and can take more of a beating, they're less sensative (less succeptable to feedback), and they can typically handle higher SPL's than condensers.
              gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
              '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
              mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
              marshall 1960A 4x12
              and a few pedals

Comment

I finally figured out after decades of gigging that feedback problems are minimized if everyone uses the same brand/model mic.

A condenser is more accurate and is worth the trouble if someone has an incredibly beautiful voice; otherwize stick with dynamics outside of a controlled studio environment.
                Last edited by 1ManGarageBand; 12-10-2006, 06:35 PM.
                --David

Comment

Working...
                X