spring reverb repair/ mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring reverb repair/ mod

ok so my spring reverb is ****ed. 2 of the springs are only attached at one end, and one is completely detached. things i should know about repairing it??

also

would it be possible to turn this into a pedel, or a rack mount sorta type thing that i could run through another amps fx loop??

i can post pics of the damaged reverb if neccesarry.

thanks
    KISS AINT METAL!!

Re: spring reverb repair/ mod

If the springs are disconnected from the transducers, it's toast. I have repaired the little hangers that go into the transducers, but they never quite sound the same. Just get a new one---AES has a pretty wide variety, and last I remember, they ran about 25 bucks, 3-spring might be a bit more (?). As far as turning it into a standalone reverb, you need a power supply and a few other odds and ends. It will cost way more than it's worth and requires a bit of skill...just toss the old one and don't look back.

Comment

dang!

guesse its time for a holy grail or something...

AES?? they got a website?
      Last edited by joeydude; 12-12-2006, 12:34 PM.
      KISS AINT METAL!!

Comment

You can get a replacement tank from Mojo.....maybe $30.00 or so.

Take the code off of the old one, order the direct replacement & install it.

Not too tough at all.

I replaced one in a Fender Reverb Tank & it was pretty much a piece of cake

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Working...
        X