banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DL4 as a chorus, auto-wah, slow gear, & overdrive? Its true!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL4 as a chorus, auto-wah, slow gear, & overdrive? Its true!

Here are some settings on the Line6 DL4 so it can mimic different effects:

You want mix all the way to 'effect' for all of these...

for chorus, use Digital w/Mod delay. Mix all the way to effect. Delay time 0. No repeats. Play with different settings of Tweak and Tweeze for chorus settings.

for auto-wah, similar settings. Use Sweep Echo. Mix all the way to effect. Delay time 0. No repeats. Play with different settings of Tweak and Tweeze for the auto 'sweep' settings. Does Disco well.

For slow gear, use Auto Volume echo. Mix all the way to effect. Delay time 0. No repeats. Play with different settings of Tweeze for 'swell' times.

For a faux overdrive, Try Tube Echo. Mix all the way to effect. Delay time 0. No repeats. Tweak at 0. Tweeze at 10 for the grunge.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Re: DL4 as a chorus, auto-wah, slow gear, & overdrive? Its true!

cool!!! I want to try this today.
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Me too!

Too bad I don't have a DL4.
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

I find the Auto Volume Echo on DL4 to randomly restart and jitter/glitch on me. someone suggested I need to run a compressor before it in the chain in order to smooth the 'triggers' of the swells, does anyone have any similar experience?

Comment

I don't bother with a compressor before it, but I get what you are doing with it. Although this thread is 12 years old, I still use my DL4, as it has a sound not easily replicated with more modern pedals.

Comment

Guess I'll be trying these on my M13 tomorrow!
            Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
            Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
            Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
            Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Just get the exp pedal, it works great with this unit.

Comment

I use a Dunlop exp pedal with mine. The Line 6 one works of course, but it is plastic, and not well made for the price you pay for it.

Comment

Man this is another reminder I shouldn't have sold my DL4.

The auto swell was such a great effect, and the delays were really sweet, the tweakability of each model and all. But the loop time on it just wasn't enough for some of the things I wanted to do live; like the harmony riff at the end of solo section in Black Betty, I wouldn't be able to get through one full repetition before it ran out of space.

I replaced mine with a TC Flashback X4 which is still a great unit, much longer loop time (40 sec) and the editable Toneprints are great, you can even cop some of the same effects. But I miss the dark green beast and built in auto swell.

Thanks for bringing back my regret... Jerks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
                  • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                  • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                  • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                  • G&L Tribute Comanche
                  • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                  • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                  • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Ha! Even Line 6 hasn't replicated the sound of the DL-4 in its M series or HX Effects. I think there is some out-of-phase thing going on in the outputs that they 'corrected' on those newer models.

Comment

DL-4 has been in production for 19 years. 19 years... and it’s still a great sounding delay.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                      X