Show us all your basses then...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Show us all your basses then...

Not anything too fancy, valuable or anything of the like. This was my "Charlotte" I got it when I was 16 but I pawned it off so I could buy a PRS SE One. Wish I hadn't done that though. She was a real nice bass. Trev Wilkinson Vintage V4 P-Bass knock-off. Solid hardware with decent pickups. I swapped the white pickguard for the 3-ply black. (I was in a Sex Pistols phase.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	29971_10150213236900585_2079125_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	5768783

Name:	29971_10150213236940585_3053590_n.jpg
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	5768784

Comment

Originally posted by tehanallang View Post
      Not anything too fancy, valuable or anything of the like. This was my "Charlotte" I got it when I was 16 but I pawned it off so I could buy a PRS SE One. Wish I hadn't done that though. She was a real nice bass. Trev Wilkinson Vintage V4 P-Bass knock-off. Solid hardware with decent pickups. I swapped the white pickguard for the 3-ply black. (I was in a Sex Pistols phase.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43156[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43157[/ATTACH]
      Classy, I like that.
      Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

here is the one I'm using now it is borrowed from a friend. An older Ibanez Soundgear with 2 active pickups ... Soooo smooth and fun to play. I'm a guitarist just getting into bass and so far I love it and am planning on investing in a Classic Vibe jazz bass

Name:	ae00-11435.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	5768791
        Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
        Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
        Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

2002 G&L, JB-2 with Sadowsky noiseless pickups.

Collings: '08 001-mhsb
          Dean: '02 Hardtail
          Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
          Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
          Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
          G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
          Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
          Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
          PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

In 1994 I spent a lot of time driving between Melbourne and Sydney to look after a bass-playing friend of mine who had been diagnosed with cancer. In the few hours i would have to myself while he slept from morphine, I would play his number two bass. One day he came out of his room and found me playing it. A few months later he passed away and that bass was left to me, along with a 335-style semi-acoustic.

The bass was fitted with Bartolini pickups but the preamp wasn't fitted. I installed a small switch and home-brew preamp. Later I found an EMG active tone control preamp and fitted that. The bridge was in poor shape so I replaced it with a Gotoh unit. It's one of the first series of Japanese-built Fenders I believe, and a friend of mine has a Tele from the same series (same colour, Kahler trem, humbucker at the bridge, black neck and headstock). It's a good bass, and like quite a few of my instruments, it has some special connections and sentiments.

Then there's this, which a friend sold to me for $100. I kinda like it, although the sound is a bit rubbery.

Last edited by crusty philtrum; 06-07-2013, 11:32 PM.
            Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Two identical pics, no description. Hmmmm!
              This is ?
              sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
              - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenVulture View Post
                Two identical pics, no description. Hmmmm!
                This is ?
                Fixed the pic goof-up. I don't know anything about it, it just says 'Alien' on it. I have a feeling it could be made by Hondo. It's a bolt-on neck and some kind of 'dual-sound' wiring for the pickup. That's all I know about it. I don't really play it, it's just handy having it around ... if i need bass for recording, I always use the Fender.

EDIT : I have discovered that it is a clone of the Kramer Duke bass, either made by Hondo or made by Kramer for Hondo. I've seen pics of the Kramer Duke and they are identical. The neck has a 'T' section piece of aluminium running through the neck, the edges of it are visible along the neck between the neck wood and the fretboard.
                Last edited by crusty philtrum; 06-09-2013, 11:58 AM.
                Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Oh god.

These are all so fine.

I'm tired of being bassless.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                    Oh god.

These are all so fine.

I'm tired of being bassless.
                    ...is the correct answer.
                    Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                      In 1994 I spent a lot of time driving between Melbourne and Sydney to look after a bass-playing friend of mine who had been diagnosed with cancer. In the few hours i would have to myself while he slept from morphine, I would play his number two bass. One day he came out of his room and found me playing it. A few months later he passed away and that bass was left to me, along with a 335-style semi-acoustic.

]
                      Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure he would be happy to know you still rock out his bass though!
                      Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
                      Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
                      Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

Name:	photo.JPG
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	5768794

Marcus Miller Jazz Bass - Olympic White - Really good sounding/playing Bass

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	5768795

MIA Fender Jazz
                        Last edited by TonyG; 06-08-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
                          here is the one I'm using now it is borrowed from a friend. An older Ibanez Soundgear with 2 active pickups ... Soooo smooth and fun to play. I'm a guitarist just getting into bass and so far I love it and am planning on investing in a Classic Vibe jazz bass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43181[/ATTACH]
                          This is what I need!

Boys, looks like the Bass competition in ultimate axe will be FIERCE this time!!!!
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            This is what I need!
                            I think you would be very happy with something like that.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                            Boys, looks like the Bass competition in ultimate axe will be FIERCE this time!!!!
                            What is this?
                            Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
                            To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

Here is my most recent addition to the family.

Warmoth Jazz body (alder, with wenge thumbrests)
                              Warmoth Jazz neck (bubinga, with wenge fretboard)
                              Schaller tuners
                              Schaller bridge
                              Schaller straplock pins
                              Fender Super 55 split-coil humbucking pickups
                              Custom electronics package from Michael at Turnstyle Switch
                              D'Addario rounds

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
                              To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Monkey View Post
                                Sure, I'll play. The only one MIA from these pics is a Warwick Artist Series Jack Bruce Survivor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42824[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42825[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42826[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42823[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]42827[/ATTACH]
                                Wow. The neck on the black Warwick is HUGE, even for a sixer. That's like the Ron Jeremy of bass necks there.

Comment

Working...
                                X