banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dunlop Marcus Miller Super Bright Signature Strings Review (That's a mouthful)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop Marcus Miller Super Bright Signature Strings Review (That's a mouthful)

I did this short review with the 45-125 Stainless Steel 5 string set.

Feel:
    The first thing I notice is that they're a lot less rough than previous roundwound strings I've used. Having just come off of flatwounds, this set feels really nice on my hands.

Sound:
    Super bright is an understatement. Maybe the steel is contributing to it but I almost winced after I plugged in. After EQ'ing I noticed that the strings still had a brightness that was definitely more in the vein of funk or modern metal music. I also noticed that the strings are very nuanced. You definitely hear each and every note in your slapping.

Price:
    I paid $32 for this set and that's not too bad. I'll see how long the life lasts and edit this review accordingly.

Overall:
    I was pretty impressed with them right off the bat. They have a great smooth feel to them and are great if you're playing music that's very dense, such as slap bass.
    Last edited by Johnny the Kid; 07-07-2015, 12:40 AM.
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Re: Dunlop Marcus Miller Super Bright Signature Strings Review (That's a mouthful)

If they're less rough, that sounds like I'd enjoy the feel, but I hate bright bass strings. I'm still waiting for my pack of GHS strings I've been using since October to die so I can get halfwounds or something.

Comment

Re: Dunlop Marcus Miller Super Bright Signature Strings Review (That's a mouthful)

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
      If they're less rough, that sounds like I'd enjoy the feel, but I hate bright bass strings. I'm still waiting for my pack of GHS strings I've been using since October to die so I can get halfwounds or something.
      Some of the previous sets that I've used feel sharp. I don't know if my calluses are stronger or what, but these just seem smoother and more gentle on the hands.
      Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
      Line 6 Helix
      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Working...
      X