P bass scarcity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P bass scarcity

Ok, as crazy as this sounds, I'm finding the same thing. The quantity of P-Basses available is miniscule compared to Jazz Basses. Maybe it's true, everyone that buys a precision keeps it... But even new, the GCs around here have the entire range of Jazz Basses, but only one MIM P and no Squier P's.

I just want a plank I can put an Antquity II and high mass bridge on!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Well, for the basses I am interested in, mostly AVRI, you get a ton of Ps cheaply and no Js, and if Js are available they cost 30% more although they had the same price originally

Comment

P bass scarcity

Broaden your search online.
        Ship to any GC from other for free. Very good return policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
          Well, for the basses I am interested in, mostly AVRI, you get a ton of Ps cheaply and no Js, and if Js are available they cost 30% more although they had the same price originally
          Cheaply is a relative statement when it comes to AVRI.

My online search is what led me to bump this post. GC used online and local Craigslist are J heavy, it reminded me of this thread.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeAces View Post
            I don't know, maybe, but to my ears over the years of playing P basses and PJ basses I never noticed a difference.
            My '76 Fender P and my '84 Fender Jazz Bass Special were two vastly different animals with stock pickups.
            '69 Fender Mustang bass
            '69 Gibson EB-1
            '76 Rickenbacker 4001 w/SD for Rick N & B
            '76 Fender Precision w/Dimarzio Model P
            '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
            '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz
            '12 MIM Fender Jazz w/Dimarzio Model J
            '14 Fretless Warmoth Custom T w/ SDCS Stack for SCPB N & B

Comment

Originally posted by BRHGM View Post
              It's true. When you absolutely have to have a P bass there is no substitute.

Except when you can get a Jazz bass with split coils (Black Top) or HB's (Modern Player). There's so many versions of Jazz basses these days, I don't see a need for me to ever get a P bass.
              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
              X