Squire Vintage Modified: Jaguar V Special vs Precision V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squire Vintage Modified: Jaguar V Special vs Precision V

I may buy any of these for home recording, the Precision is like 17% more expensive but the Jaguar is PJ with active bass boost. Other than that specs are the same: Same body, same pickup description (for the precision one at least), same neck dimensions and scale. Any reason why you think the Precision is more expensive, other than being a P-bass body shape? If you have tried any of these which one you liked best?

I may try these at the store this weekend but want to know your opinion. Thanks in advance.
    Who took my guitar?

Re: Squire Vintage Modified: Jaguar V Special vs Precision V

Do you plan on recording with an interface? Make sure it's friendly with active pickups if you go with the Jaguar. Not sure what's up with the price diff; the Jazz Bass V is yet more expensive, must just be one of those things.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Definitely the same scale? Something seems strange if you get active PJ and they are cheaper.

On a side note, I'm still quite happy with my Vintage Modified Jazz.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        On a side note, I'm still quite happy with my Vintage Modified Jazz.
        Me too

IIRC the short scale is cheaper, and has passive pickups. Not sure you can get it with the extra string.
        Originally posted by King Buzzo
        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          I may buy any of these for home recording, the Precision is like 17% more expensive but the Jaguar is PJ with active bass boost. Other than that specs are the same: Same body, same pickup description (for the precision one at least), same neck dimensions and scale.
          The Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar V Special and the Squier Vintage Modified Precision V do not have the same body. IMO, the difference in the price is due to the popularity of the Precision. If it was me, I'd probably get a Jazz rather than a Jaguar or Precision. But for the money, and for your purpose, you can't go wrong with the Jaguar.

FYI, I bought a 4-string Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar short scale bass about a year ago for practicing in my living room. (Sitting in my favorite chair, I risk whacking the wall when playing a bass with a 34" scale neck.) It's a passive bass, so it's not exactly the same as what you're looking at, but I really like it, for what it's worth.
          Originally posted by DrNewcenstein
          To understand the idiot, you must think like an idiot.

Comment

Working...
          X