Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD - Toby Deluxe V

I traded my Epiphone Les Paul.

After trade, I only had to pay $250 CAN for a bass priced at $469+taxes.

I've been reading some negative reviews on the pickups, but generally find it's comfortable and plays well. The sound is honestly not that bad considering this is one of the cheaper 5 string basses on the market.

Eventually I may change them out for something else. But they aren't so bad to my ears that it needs to come right away.

Re: NBD - Toby Deluxe V

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1050.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	5801547

Comment

I have a 4 string - easily the comfiest bass I own, and definitely one of the most affordable. The electronics are a bit noisy depending on where the knobs are set, but since I'm not gigging anymore I'm in no hurry to upgrade to something quieter. In the meantime - play on.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I have a IV as well. They sound a lot better than you would expect for the price and play pretty well. The only change I would make is a P/J combo of pickups

Comment

I can't tell if the noise I hear is the pickups or the wiring in my music room. Even my guitar rig is noisy because of the wiring. Dead quiet when in a different room. Too bad my wife won't let me keep ear in the living room.

Either way, reall happy with it considering the price. I'd probably swap the pickups for a set of active ones over time. ...or if I stayed passive I'd go with Bartolinis and find a better preamp. Replace the bass boost and tone knobs with a 2 band active and EQ

Comment

You get a lot more for your money buying used. I'd recommend either a Squire Vintage Modified bass or a MIM Fender bass.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Problem is, used basses here are hard to find. The ones I do see are usually well below the quality of the Toby. And if you want 5 string... forget about it. You're looking for a unicorn here.

I won't even buy new guitars and basses online, so there is no way I'd go online for a used one.

Comment

Price match!!!

Got back $50 because a competing store had it listed on their online store for $50 less than the place I bought it.

Comment

Working...
                X