Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite bass tone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Favorite bass tone

    Mike Elizondo and Bootsy Collins as well. Bass kings.
    Soundcloud

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Favorite bass tone

      I see that quite a few of you mentioned Chris Squire.
      Although he is a phenomenal musician I never liked his tone. Not enough girth and way too much high end and the pick attack is distracting

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Favorite bass tone

        I had an Epiphone EB-0;

        my favourite bass.

        Unfortunately, i lost it in an accident. :/

        But if I can find one used; I'll buy one in a hurry!! especially nice, with flats!

        great value for the money aswell.
        If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Favorite bass tone

          Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
          I see that quite a few of you mentioned Chris Squire.
          Although he is a phenomenal musician I never liked his tone. Not enough girth and way too much high end and the pick attack is distracting
          The high end was the treble pickup through a Marshall guitar amp. The low end is the other pickup through an SVT. Similar to the way Billy Sheehan does his rig.
          Dave LaRue from the Dixie Dregs & Flying Colors gets a great tone, which keeps the articulation there through very fast playing.
          Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan
          Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Favorite bass tone

            Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            Don't laugh.....

            i forgot how catchy that tune, and the guitar solo, are.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Favorite bass tone

              ^ I remember thinking the bass sounded epic when I saw them junior year in 02 or so. That was when I only played bass. He was pumping 8ths and the band was cooking as hell. I was so impressed.

              I love punk bass. You can do so much cuz the guitars are playing power chords the whole time so the bass can define the tonality and do whatever it wants.

              Last edited by Clint 55; Yesterday, 12:34 AM.
              Originally posted by NegativeEase
              I'd wager that Clint can best GuitarStv at Wat and WAAAT... but not Watts.

              I think in the International System of Units (SI) a "WAT" is defined as a derived unit of 1 Clint besmirchment per hour

              and WAAAT is defined as a derived unit of 1 Clint kilojoule of described Nirvana transgression per post.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Favorite bass tone

                The acoustic bass on Alice In Chains' MTV Unplugged moves me everytime.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Favorite bass tone

                  Only one? Nope..I've got a few.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFJkNk6z3OE

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YMFGlc0ww8

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4U07_4rvbM

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSwmlthrB-I

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sobVnsf0X3c

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge4fi0_9lK4
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

                  I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

                  Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.


                  Youtube

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Favorite bass tone

                    ..and Steve Digiorgio's killer fretless tone on Death's ITP
                    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

                    I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

                    Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.


                    Youtube

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Favorite bass tone



                      When you're listening to this song and the bass break comes in, anything you're doing is suddenly 10X cooler
                      Last edited by Chistopher; 07-10-2020, 08:13 AM.
                      If I only had a dollar for every song I've sung
                      every time I had to play while people sat there drunk,

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Favorite bass tone

                        Originally posted by NegativeEase
                        I'd wager that Clint can best GuitarStv at Wat and WAAAT... but not Watts.

                        I think in the International System of Units (SI) a "WAT" is defined as a derived unit of 1 Clint besmirchment per hour

                        and WAAAT is defined as a derived unit of 1 Clint kilojoule of described Nirvana transgression per post.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X