No announcement yet.

Bass pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't mind half of that for my guitar...
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I should remind everyone that a RAT pedal on a bass to add a slight sizzle on the top end with the hard clipping is incredible sounding.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        I should remind everyone that a RAT pedal on a bass to add a slight sizzle on the top end with the hard clipping is incredible sounding.
        Agreed! I built a bass distortion that is based on the Rat. It sounds killer on its own and it doesn't get buried in the mix when the guitar is also distorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post

Agreed! I built a bass distortion that is based on the Rat. It sounds killer on its own and it doesn't get buried in the mix when the guitar is also distorted.
          I always ad Rat hard Clipping north of 2k on the spectrum in rock mixes -makes it come alive!

The key is keeping is not over doing it
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I always ad Rat hard Clipping north of 2k on the spectrum in rock mixes -makes it come alive!

The key is keeping is not over doing it
            Definitely! Like anything else, what sounds good playing by yourself at home doesn't necessarily work out when you're playing with other instruments.

Comment

Such a good choices for pedal.
              I love it

Comment

Delay, wah, envelope filter, EQ, compression, octaver, some kind of dirt, synth/filter. That gets me where I want to go with bass guitar.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                  Delay, wah, envelope filter, EQ, compression, octaver, some kind of dirt, synth/filter. That gets me where I want to go with bass guitar.
                  No phaser?

Comment

No phaser?
                    What is the deal with Bass and Phaser? Seems to be a very popular swirl. I was not aware of the bass love of phaser....
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

What is the deal with Bass and Phaser? Seems to be a very popular swirl. I was not aware of the bass love of phaser....
                      Phaser is one of my all time favorite effects, for bass or guitar. They're really damn versatile and playing around with placement in your effects chain can give you very different results. I also feel like it hasn't been overdone like say, chorus on bass has.

Right now, I have 3 different phasers on my guitar board and 4 on my bass board. I'm actually in the process of building another block logo Phase 90 clone to stick towards the end of my guitar board.

Can't have too many phasers!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20211114_040543.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	6130448
                        This is what my bass board looks like:

Comment

Dunlop 535Q wah -> Korg Pitch Black Custom tuner -> EHX black Russian v8 Big Muff -> Digitech Bad Monkey.

The Bad Monkey is on about 95% of the time but 95% of what I play is either Sabbath covers or ****ty stoner rock.

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                            Dunlop 535Q wah -> Korg Pitch Black Custom tuner -> EHX black Russian v8 Big Muff -> Digitech Bad Monkey.

The Bad Monkey is on about 95% of the time but 95% of what I play is either Sabbath covers or ****ty stoner rock.
                            Do you find that the low end drops out when you use the 535Q? I love that pedal and it is my go-to for guitar.

Comment

Do you find that the low end drops out when you use the 535Q? I love that pedal and it is my go-to for guitar.
                              Yes, but it also boosts the volume (even without the volume boost side button) and I only use it when the guitar drops out. It makes it srand out even more when doing a little run.

Comment

I own zero bass specific pedals. My bass amp has compression built in and I run a tuner from the tuner out on it. I do run an overdrive with it though and use it sparingly here and there. I found that the MojoMojo Overdrive was better suited for bass for me than for my guitar setup. Don't have it anymore though. Something like the OD-3 or even a TS-9 will get the job done fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X