X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adieu
    replied
    Pretty sure that's what they now call "carpal tunnel"

Used to get that way in a job that involved huge volumes of typing at like 90 WPM... went away on its own after I ragequit.

Actually, would even go away with breaks of just a few days, but would recur if you went back to the activity that caused it too much and too early

Leave a comment:

• Erlend_G
    replied
    Darn Clint 55, I learn something new about you every day.

So you studied upright? :o Awesome! . I studied fretless electric bass... wanted to play the upright;

but decided not to. Because it was so expensive; hard to lug around- and not easy to learn/play either. It's still my favourite bass (and bowed) instrument.

\m/

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    :o

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post

Thought I'd mention that my claw isn't due to an injury. It's from upright bass fingering early in my musician life. Anyhoo, I am doing exercises to help my left hand but I think I'll be forever clawed no matter what I do. I play a few minutes of left handed bass per day where I pluck with pointer and middle, then middle and ring, then ring and pinky. It's working pretty well to develop my left hand a little better for my regular right handed guitar playing.
    do you really think that injuries don't occur from repetitive motion?
    Take a good look at the two links I posted. Think about carpal tunnel syndrome, that's considered an injury.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Are you doing extension exercises?

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    I know. It's a joke thread. I wish I had a little more dexterity but watever.

Leave a comment:

• ErikH
    replied
    I don't think there is really a problem here. BOTH of my hands do this in the relaxed position. I have no dexterity issues or anything else. I never played upright bass, only guitar and electric bass.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Originally posted by solspirit View Post
    Stop crying and do something about it.
    Thought I'd mention that my claw isn't due to an injury. It's from upright bass fingering early in my musician life. Anyhoo, I am doing exercises to help my left hand but I think I'll be forever clawed no matter what I do. I play a few minutes of left handed bass per day where I pluck with pointer and middle, then middle and ring, then ring and pinky. It's working pretty well to develop my left hand a little better for my regular right handed guitar playing.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
    I got a claw too from playing nothing but power chords forever! Ha ha ha
    Lol. Damn claw!

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Our Health and Wellness pages offer inside looks into treating disease, eating nutritiously, and living healthily. Explore our various articles and resources for useful health information to stay healthy.

Leave a comment:

• solspirit
    replied
    Stop crying and do something about it.

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Thrash_Metal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 80's_Thrash_Metal
    replied
    I got a claw too from playing nothing but power chords forever! Ha ha ha
    Last edited by 80's_Thrash_Metal; 11-15-2020, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Clint 55
    replied
    Re: The claw

The claw!

Leave a comment:

• DavidRavenMoon
    replied
    Re: The claw

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
    Also:

Edit: Just realized that we're int the BASSment. Sorry about that. But you have guitars to do the exercises on.
    I do those types of exercises on bass. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X