I guess this weirdo is the one that influenced me to want a bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess this weirdo is the one that influenced me to want a bass

The guy who pushed me over the bass cliff was Gene Simmons. I HAD to learn Black Diamond.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      The guy who pushed me over the bass cliff was Gene Simmons. I HAD to learn Black Diamond.
      I guess originally it was Geezer Butler back in the mid 70s. Kiss does have some brutal bass lines.

In the late 90s it was Justin Chancellor that made me think about trying a bass.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

I guess originally it was Geezer Butler back in the mid 70s. Kiss does have some brutal bass lines.

In the late 90s it was Justin Chancellor that made me think about trying a bass.
        For me, it was Geezer, too...then Chris Squire.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

For me, it was Geezer, too...then Chris Squire.
          Hmm. . I wasn't the biggest yes fan but I've always liked pretty much any least a song or two on all the albums I've heard.
          . What would you recommend ad a good place to start to reintroduce myself?

Comment

Hmm. . I wasn't the biggest yes fan but I've always liked pretty much any least a song or two on all the albums I've heard.
            The Yes Album is a good start. Steve Howe's playing is so refreshing.

Comment

In this order -otherwise your brain will melt in reverse order

Yes Album
              Fragile
              Close to the Edge
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Les Claypool, hands down.
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

For me it was Greg Chaisson and Steve Harris. Totally different styles but, yeah.

Comment

Dave Ellefson's line on Peace Sells is my first bass thought.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                      Dave Ellefson's line on Peace Sells is my first bass thought.
                      Ha.. around 86 or so I would get in my car in the morning to drive to work from Key Largo to Ocean Reef and put that cassette in and blast it.. I was just getting out of the neighborhood when the guitar kicked in

Comment

Such angst for an 18 year old living on top of the world in paradise. . .

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

In this order -otherwise your brain will melt in reverse order

Yes Album
                          Fragile
                          Close to the Edge
                          After Close to the Edge, get into brain melt territory with Relayer.

Comment

The two who got me into fretless were Jamaladeen Tacuma and Bunny Brunel....
                            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Such angst for an 18 year old living on top of the world in paradise. . .
                              Man they really castrated the lows on that "polished" remix! Sounds weird to me I never heard it like that before.

OG version

Comment

Working...
                              X