NBD! Fender JMJ Road worn mustang bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD! Fender JMJ Road worn mustang bass

Just got this baby in the mail, supposed to have a SD custom shop mustang bass pickup in it (if anyone can help ID pickup much thanks).got it on reverb when someone sent me an offer for $200 off.
    Attached Files
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

cool bass for sure!

Comment

Grats!

It’s on my short list but I’ve never pulled the trigger. Great bass.

And yes they come with SD pickups, those look like it.

Comment

Looks like SDs in there....

I had the blue version of that bass growing up. Fun
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Love the color. So, what's the significance of a Mustang bass, tonally, compared to a Precision or Jazz?

Comment

My bass player started off on a Fender Mustang before moving to his Ibanez Destroyer. It was a great-sounding bass and played great.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              My bass player started off on a Fender Mustang before moving to his Ibanez Destroyer. It was a great-sounding bass and played great.

This is my second mustang bass I also have a players edition mustang bass and this one(JMJ) feels so much better in the neck. The player mustang bass neck is thinner than this one. This is actually a pretty chunky neck for fender and it feels great, doesn't have a skunk stripe and is aged the only part of the aging I don't like is it looks like a woodpecker got a hold of it by the bridge, don't know what that is supposed to simulate but it feels and sounds good the SD mustang bass pickup is very punchy and sounds good the only thing I didn't like was that it came with flat wound strings which sounded dull to me so I put on some medium round wounds.
              It's funny how some stories became historic,
              especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
              But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Working...
              X