So, I did a thing - active to passive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrisxedge View Post
    I’ve got a couple American stingray 4s and a really cool 5. And those are all great, but I got a cool deal on a 2002 4H American stingray in need of a pickup. And seeing that I’ve already got a couple other 4 strings I’ve been considering a new passive SD MM pickup, with a VVT and a dummy knob in the last position. I’m just trying to decide between the three models available.
    You should be able to use a SD MM pickup with the existing active electronics. The pickup is passive but the rest in the bass is active. I used the 4A with the stock active electronics in my SUB Ray4 for a while before deciding to go the passive route. I really like how it sounds.

Comment

If there is a battery clip inside, remove it. They can rattle if there is no battery in them. If it is the door type, don't sweat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        If there is a battery clip inside, remove it. They can rattle if there is no battery in them. If it is the door type, don't sweat it.
        Definitely remove it with the rest of the active bits. Mine has the battery door on the back so leaving it there and the wires in to the cavity. They're tucked away. No big deal.

Comment

I just took the pickup out of my Orange O-bass(the amp company randomly made a mid priced bass) and I'm going to put a QP P bass pickup in it standard controls with no load tone.
          It's funny how some stories became historic,
          especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
          But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Working...
          X