PSA: SDOTD - Sterling Stingray short scale $399

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: SDOTD - Sterling Stingray short scale $399

Musician's Friend adds a fresh Stupid Deal of the Day every day. These deals are in limited quantities so act now to get the best deals across every instrument category.

Bought one of those a while back because I like my full size Ray24 so much. The short scale is a well built little bass. Fretwork wasn't the smoothest thing ever. Polishing helped. The lower horn of the body is so tight to the neck that you can't get your hand down to the lower frets easily. A lot of bass players never venture down there anyway, so it may not matter. The series/parallel/split selector knob adds some versatility, but without the active boost circuit, the pickup sounds somewhat bland compared to the full size with active circuit. Adjusting the amp to compensate makes it sound pretty good. Might benefit from a Seymour Duncan ceramic Musicman Humbucker. Musicman recommends that the pickup be set pretty low (12/64ths). Mine came set much higher. It does make it sound much clearer to have them further away like they recommend. Well worth $399 in my opinion, $599 was a stretch.
    Last edited by Mr. B; 07-28-2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I took that app off my phone to save my marriage.

Comment

Working...
      X