Incoming Bass Cabinet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming Bass Cabinet!

Been keeping an eye out for a 2x10 to use with my 4x10 or by itself in smaller venues. Lo and behold the sweetest deal came up. Perfect for my Ampeg PF-500. Found a PF-210HE on FB Marketplace for a song. It's in TN and I'm in TX so rather than ship, my wife will pick it up on her way to Knoxville later this week to see our oldest at UT over the weekend. It's on the way so why not. The guy told me it's pretty much brand new. Bought for backline use and it was never touched. Not sure if it has the casters or not, no big deal if it doesn't really because I have a set here I can pop on it, but it does come with a nice cover. My PF-500 will mount on the underside of the lid. The perfect little bass amp rig for me. I love the Ampeg sound. This is a stock pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11581839_800.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	6196174

Love that cab. My bass cab is a boat anchor but it gets used mainly in the house. If I was gigging on bass I would definitely invest in something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      Love that cab. My bass cab is a boat anchor but it gets used mainly in the house. If I was gigging on bass I would definitely invest in something like that.
      Shhhhhh.... I got it for half of what they go for new. I sh!t you not.

Comment

That's pretty bad ass. So, your amp mounts under the top cover, then you just flip it over to play? Clever design.

BTW, do you know which Eminence speakers it uses? Sweetwater doesn't say.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          That's pretty bad ass. So, your amp mounts under the top cover, then you just flip it over to play? Clever design.

BTW, do you know which Eminence speakers it uses? Sweetwater doesn't say.
          Yup. The flip top design has been around for a long time actually. I’m glad they have kept that with the more modern amps like these lighter Portaflex heads.

Not sure either which they are. When I have it here I’ll look and post in this thread. I’ll be able to tell real easy with the top off.
          Last edited by ErikH; 09-20-2022, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            Not sure either which they are either it when I have it here I’ll look and post in this thread. I’ll be able to tell real easy with the top off.
            I'm partly curious to know what makes the "Ampeg" sound. I hear it mentioned all the time.

Comment

nice cab! and the fliptop is a great touch.

Comment

I don't even have a bass and I still love bass cabs, especially those old huge ampegs that have like a pair of 10s and a 15.

Comment

My wife got home today and the cabinet is here. Came with a nice Tuki cover. Too bad it smells of cigarette smoke from the bar it was in. That'll get taken care of. The cabinet tolex smells some too and that'll get taken care of as well. No rips or tears anywhere. The tolex looks brand new. Didn't come with the wheels which is OK because I have an extra set of 4 office chair wheels that are the rollerblade style I slapped on there. Got the same style wheels on my GK 4x10. Moves around nice and easy. A trip to the hardware store is necessary for the screws to mount my PF-500 head to the lid. Cheap enough that I'm not worried about it.

It sounds fantastic. Nice and solid sound. Not as much natural thump as my 4x10 but a little EQ adjustment fixes that. The high end attenuator adjustment on the back is nice, 6db, -6db or off. The speakers in this 2x10 are Eminence PF10's, Ampeg labelled, purple frame. It's an 8 ohm load and so is my 4x10 so I'll be able to run both together with zero issues. I will be trying that out here when nobody is home. Mwuahahaha! My neighbors are gonna love me.
                  Last edited by ErikH; 09-19-2022, 07:54 PM.

Comment

What do you use to clean it?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      What do you use to clean it?
                      Baking soda or some vinegar seems to be the common method. I'll make a mix that I can use in a spray bottle for the tolex. The inside has some smell too so a dish with some apple cider vinegar in it for a bit will take care of that. Then I'll leave a dryer sheet in the bottom of the cabinet for while.

Comment

Originally posted by dave74 View Post
                        I don't even have a bass and I still love bass cabs, especially those old huge ampegs that have like a pair of 10s and a 15.
                        My Marshall through my 4x12 Ampeg bass cab sounds glorious, thump and grind for days.

Comment

Used some distilled white vinegar and water mix, about 50/50 mix sprayed down the outside of the cab and grill. Wiped it all down good. Had a small container with vinegar inside the cab for several hours. Took that out and put a charcoal pack in there to do the rest. Tomorrow I’ll mount the head to the lid. The cover is going to soak in the tub tomorrow with some gentle soap (Tuki’s recommdation). Other than the cigarette smoke smell, the condition is brand new.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I never knew what would get that smell out.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

My Marshall through my 4x12 Ampeg bass cab sounds glorious, thump and grind for days.
                              For me it was my late stepdad's harmonica rig that he used in a worship band. It was an old early-mid 80s Peavey 400w PA head running into the huge Ampeg bass cab. When he and my mom would go on vacation I would be their animal-care guy so I took full advantage.(drinking/smoking/girls/twirls ect.) At the time I had no nice rig but what I did have was this guitar and a Metal Zone. It was nothing but a good time to say the least!

Comment

Working...
                              X