Weather Report vs Heavy Weather pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Report vs Heavy Weather pickups

I'm wondering. Is there any difference between these Jaco Pastorius signature pickups?

Welcome to the forum!

According to the Custom Shop site, they are the same, except the Weather Report is made in the Custom Shop.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanx!

Are these hand wound like the CS version?

Comment

does the cs version say hand wound? i didnt see that in the description. either way, i betcha they sound great!

Comment

I bet they do.

I could'nt find it in Holland or Germany.only very expensive sets. Came across a Finnish shop who sold them for a reasonable price so I bought a set.

Have to wait for a couple of days, tho.

Comment

The new Heavy Weather set is made on the production floor like the majority of the models (in an assembly line). The Custom Shop version is usually built by 1 person.

Comment

even some cs pups are machine wound. if you had the actual leesona winding machine gibson used for a ton of p90s and pafs, youd use it to make magic pups too!

Comment

Honestly, I don't know if any SD pickups are 'hand wound'...more like 'hand guided'.

Comment

So that's the difference. Instead of custom made it's made in series? No difference in materials or methode of winding (CNC probably)?

That makes me happy. I don't care if it's reliced like the Weather Report pickups. Can"t wait to solder them in my Jazz Bass. See pic.

Comment

Hand wound is a tricky word. It's the same as hand guided. You'll always need a winding machine.

Thank you guys for the answers!

Comment

Originally posted by Beespleeer View Post
                      So that's the difference. Instead of custom made it's made in series? No difference in materials or methode of winding (CNC probably)?

That makes me happy. I don't care if it's reliced like the Weather Report pickups. Can"t wait to solder them in my Jazz Bass. See pic.

Well, if it were made in the Custom Shop, it would be made my MJ most likely, and whatever she touches is gold. But the 'formula' is the same as the new production model, you just have several people following MJ's blueprint.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Well, if it were made in the Custom Shop, it would be made my MJ most likely, and whatever she touches is gold. But the 'formula' is the same as the new production model, you just have several people following MJ's blueprint.
                        Is she as good as Fender's Abigail Ybarra?

Comment

Originally posted by Beespleeer View Post

Is she as good as Fender's Abigail Ybarra?
                          ]I'll let everyone else explain the legend that is MJ, but I will say that she has wound pickups for virtually every major rock star in the last 40+ years.

Comment

Working...
                          X