banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird string arrangement on the nut - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird string arrangement on the nut - why?

So I've been looking (as always) at some used deals on whatever, and came across a Squier affinity P bass.
    I'll just post a pic of what made me go "whaaaa?", so if anyone more experienced could guess as to the reasoning for this type of stringing.

Is there a possible legit reason or is the seller just, well, a moron?
    I am also very open to the possibility of me being the moron here, but I'd like to hear your opinion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1663882911541.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	6197904
    The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

The seller is a moron. It’s strung up incorrectly.
    Last edited by ErikH; 09-22-2022, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Moron.

Comment

I vote 'moron' or just not a bassist, or even a guitarist. Maybe the bass belonged to an ex and they tried to put 2 strings on themselves, and messed it up. Use it as an opportunity to point out that it isn't worth what they are asking because of the strings.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Idiot.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

i could come up with some halfassed theorys, but 99% chance its just a moron

Comment

The owner is probably a flat earther.
              Last edited by crguti; 09-23-2022, 06:59 AM.

Comment

I know a dude who would the strings on his V around the OUTSIDE of the pegs just to be different.

moron.

Comment

West Virginia locking nut

Comment

I can hear the seller now "I am in selling this POS bass it won't tune correctly"

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
                      West Virginia locking nut

For sale: Precision Buzz.

Makes you wonder if he tunes it EDAG?
                      The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Maybe installed by Guitar Center's latest new tech...

Yep, good bargaining point. "Better give me $40 off because it's going to need a new set of strings."
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

The sad thing is if Victor Wooten or Billy Sheehan did this, 50% of the basses on the planet would be strung this way tomorrow.

Comment

Most likely they just brought the string to the wrong post and wound it, then realized it when they went to do the next one, then was just too lazy to undo the mistake so just took the next string to the only post they could at that point.

So in summary,,,,,more of an accident followed by laziness. Slightly moronic yes, but they obviously realized the mistake because who wouldn't, but did not care enough to fix it since it was still workable.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                              The sad thing is if Victor Wooten or Billy Sheehan did this, 50% of the basses on the planet would be strung this way tomorrow.
                              So true!

Comment

Working...
                              X