The Basics Bass Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Basics Bass Rig

This isn’t everything but the Ampeg flip top cab reminds me of the old 60’s flip tops and the bass is a Squier CV60’s. I had to take a pic of both together.

The thing about editing the photo on a mobile device, it comes out smaller. Here's a larger pic.

Comment

Really missed opportunity to use the term 'bassics' in this thread title. :P
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        The thing about editing the photo on a mobile device, it comes out smaller. Here's a larger pic.
        Solid rig. That's all you need. I love the simplicity of bass guitar - there isn't a huge range of tone. Just make it sound good!
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

What else could you need? That is a solid rig, and the PF heads have so much range in tone. I do wish my PF could give the nasty gritty sound my Bassman has when pushed, but the two amps are two different animals, and we can't have it all can we.

Comment

This will be used in 90% of the places we play. What’s not seen is the 4x10 and my Sterling SUB Ray4. Wireless and tuner will sit on the head.

I love the tone of the PF-500. Even better when matched up with the 2x10. The light weight is a bonus too.

I just added a Hipshot Xtender to the P-Bass. Very cool device. Probably gonna put one on the SUB Ray4 too.

Comment

P bass + Ampeg is pretty hard to beat.

Stingray + Ampeg is another winning combination.

I really dig the fliptop look.
              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Missing a shimmer reverb. Zero stars.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  Missing a shimmer reverb. Zero stars.
                  LOL! Ya know, I've never been one for reverb in a bass rig.

Comment

This thread got me thinking and not trying to derail. I wonder if one of my MIB pedals set very subtly would give my Ampeg a little Bassman mojo? Might be something to play with a bit later.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      This thread got me thinking and not trying to derail. I wonder if one of my MIB pedals set very subtly would give my Ampeg a little Bassman mojo? Might be something to play with a bit later.
                      I wonder if the BOSS FBM-1 would get you closer? Ever tried one?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

I wonder if the BOSS FBM-1 would get you closer? Ever tried one?
                        That is what I was thinking originally. Then it hit m that the JTM 45 is based on the Bassman circuit, and I already have a bunch of MIBs at my fingertips.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                          This will be used in 90% of the places we play. What’s not seen is the 4x10 and my Sterling SUB Ray4. Wireless and tuner will sit on the head.

I love the tone of the PF-500. Even better when matched up with the 2x10. The light weight is a bonus too.

I just added a Hipshot Xtender to the P-Bass. Very cool device. Probably gonna put one on the SUB Ray4 too.
                          The Ray4 is a phenomenal bass, and funny you should mention the Xtender, I just put one on my bass last Thursday. I got my Ray4 for about $300 at Guitar Center just to have a bass, and it's been good enough that I've never felt the need to get another bass. The quality of the pickup and flexibility of the EQ is just insane for that price point
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

The Ray4 is a phenomenal bass, and funny you should mention the Xtender, I just put one on my bass last Thursday. I got my Ray4 for about $300 at Guitar Center just to have a bass, and it's been good enough that I've never felt the need to get another bass. The quality of the pickup and flexibility of the EQ is just insane for that price point
                            Yup. I went back and forth between about half a dozen or more basses before getting the Ray4. I almost got a Yamaha. Great basses too.

Comment

That will get you through about 90% of what you NEED to do on bass.

As for grit, I like the Scrambler section in my Ampeg SCR-DI. But I really like the distortion in my Harte TX300. Don't know why - just love the textures I can get with it.

I've never been a fan of gritty bass, more of a clean fan myself. But, I get why/where it is helpful-useful.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X