Played more live bass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played more live bass!

So, in the band I play bass on Jump and Runaway - because bass player needs to focus on keys.

We did a work charity gig, and I played on Outside by Stand and the Hailstorm version of Bad Romance.

I enjoy playing bass live!
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Do you play through his amp or your Scrambler DI?

I was glad I picked it back up in 2018. Been able to really get my bass chops worked on the last few months. It felt great feeling that rumble on Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      So, in the band I play bass on Jump and Runaway - because bass player needs to focus on keys.

We did a work charity gig, and I played on Outside by Stand and the Hailstorm version of Bad Romance.

I enjoy playing bass live!
      Nice!

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
        Do you play through his amp or your Scrambler DI?

I was glad I picked it back up in 2018. Been able to really get my bass chops worked on the last few months. It felt great feeling that rumble on Saturday night.
        I actually played through my Hartke class D. I brought the Scrambler board, but didn't have time to set it up... The Scrambler fuzz would have been great for Bad Romance though!

Really been focussing locking in on the drummer lately.

Comment

Yah, locking in with the drummer in a way that guitar mostly doesn't. There's so much more to being a bassist than just playing a bass.
          Being part of the rhythm section really is a different world.

I was the bass player in my very first band, and have enjoyed revisiting that place every time I've done it over the decades.
          Sometimes as bassist of a band, other times as a hired gun.

It's especially a blast live. There no rush quite like shaking the room.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Yeah - don't know where I learned that bass was rhythm section, but I see guitar players playing bass that obviously don't know that.

Plus, it is a lot simpler (usually). I think I have more fun doing it.

I really like the freedom to play something really simple and it works (Basic? LOL) or to be able to spice it up by walking or adding notes that a busy guitar part wouldn't be able to do.

Comment

I played 'bass' using guitar synth for a show- the band's bassist was sick. I didn't own a bass then, but the synth triggering samples worked really well.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah. It is definitely a different way of thinking vs playing guitar. Holding the foundation with the drummer is priority one. Make it groove.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  I played 'bass' using guitar synth for a show- the band's bassist was sick. I didn't own a bass then, but the synth triggering samples worked really well.
                  I have a Digitech Bass synth pedaƂ I really like goofing with. Never used live though. Just around the house. I could absolutely see it in Pop music though...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I have a Digitech Bass synth pedaĆ I really like goofing with. Never used live though. Just around the house. I could absolutely see it in Pop music though...
                    What I used was actually triggering samples of the low end of a Chapman Stick (my favorite bass sound).
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X