Baceman strikes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baceman strikes again!

Threw down on the bass for Van Halen/Little dreamer at DOA last weekend! My official live bass repertoire is now up to six songs!

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Well, that's got me beat by...hang on (counts on fingers, takes off socks to count on toes, sticks tongue out to count that.....)...um, six. So you're cooking!

Larry

Comment

This bass looks badass in person. I would look ridiculous playing it, though.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        This bass looks badass in person. I would look ridiculous playing it, though.
        KRYLON for the win! Screw the expensive paint department. Marc "The Animal" Mendoza would approve!

I was honestly surprised you could lift that Green Z, LOL. Don't know you could pick this one up Dave. Actually fits me pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

KRYLON for the win! Screw the expensive paint department. Marc "The Animal" Mendoza would approve!

I was honestly surprised you could lift that Green Z, LOL. Don't know you could pick this one up Dave. Actually fits me pretty well.
          The green Z wasn't too bad, but the center of gravity on that (where it sits on the body) is a little weird.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I love my face in that pic. It's like I'm really digging in to the cosmic significance of that "G" note, and getting just the right tone via perfect finger English out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

KRYLON for the win! .
              You rattle canned that beast? Nice job Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

You rattle canned that beast? Nice job Bob.
                Thank you. I'm a long time plastic scale modeler. I have spray can chops.

Here is a closer pic.

Comment

Ok, that is one cool bass! I would so rock that with my 80's tribute band. And I normally won't wear pink.

Comment

Looks like a Twisted Sister or Stryper sig bass. But it looks good on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                      Looks like a Twisted Sister or Stryper sig bass. But it looks good on stage.
                      And that is exactly what it is supposed to do. #1 Look right, and number #2, sound right pumping straight 8th in whatever head banging BS song by Twisted Sister, Def Leppard, or Quiet Riot that it is playing.

Comment

That is a crazy bass, man LOL
                        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

How do you get the the stripes level? My second color is always a little higher and it doesn't sand out.
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                            How do you get the the stripes level? My second color is always a little higher and it doesn't sand out.
                            A few passes of clear coat for the final stages.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

A few passes of clear coat for the final stages.
                              The first thing is spray original coats lightly. As few as needed. Heavy coats = thick, many many coats = thick. Which still works, but takes way more clear coat.

Then as Bruce said.

But I did not clear coat that at all.If you are 1ft away you can tell, and feel it. At 2 feet, looks smooth. Any further and that's the pic you see. Like I said - built for stage. Clear coat? Pffft.

Comment

Working...
                              X