New Old Cab Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old Cab Day

I bought an old 2x15 cabinet this weekend for $100. It looks like an old Fender cab with silver grill cloth but there's no badge. It's as big as a refrigerator and just as mobile. However, it has two new Eminence CA-154s so there's plenty of power handling.

Nice. I bet it sounds great. I hear ya on the fridge thing. One of the cabinets that I used to gig with was a Randall R215BH. One of the casters was broken, and that thing was hell to move around.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
      Nice. I bet it sounds great. I hear ya on the fridge thing. One of the cabinets that I used to gig with was a Randall R215BH. One of the casters was broken, and that thing was hell to move around.
      This thing has only one handle on top which isn't nearly enough. It has casters but only the front set swivel. So I will put larger swiveling casters on it and two handles on the sides. They could have made it about 25% shorter because the front baffle has a lot of wasted space. The Eminence speakers are also a bit dark so they may have not been broken in. Since there's enough room on the baffle it could do with a tweeter.
      Last edited by idsnowdog; 05-01-2023, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Handles and casters made it much easier to handle. I also stapled some indoor/outdoor carpet to the rear baffle which tightened up the sound considerably. It could still use a tweeter but the front grill cloth isn't removable so cutting a hole for one without destroying the grill cloth will be a problem.

Comment

Those oversized Fender cabs sound fantastic. Lips from Anvil would sit his Fender Twins on top of them.

Comment

Working...
          X