STC-2C-BO or it's brother, STC-2S-BO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STC-2C-BO or it's brother, STC-2S-BO

I have used both of these preamps fairly extensively on my own equipment, but no more. I love their sound, but I am tired of having a 2 hour mod take 2 days because of having to stop to repair the thin, brittle, low-quality wire Seymour Duncan uses in these preamps. My last project is still in the project stage because twice I had to stop to mend a broken wire at the circuit board. On the second break, I just pulled the preamp out of the bass, took it outside, and threw it in the dumpster where it belongs. Then I went online and ordered a replacement from a competitor--one which is more expensive but whose wires I know are of a better quality. I am experienced at guitar and bass wiring, and I have none of these problems with other companies' components. I've been thinking of buying an NYC Soapbar and maybe a set of P-90 pickups for some future projects from Seymour Duncan, but I have to ask, do they use the same lousy wire on all their stuff? If so, I'm looking elsewhere.

Sorry you had a bad experience. I have not used their bass preamps but I’ve used a gazillion pickups and never had a problem.

Comment

ive soldered in over a hundred duncan pickups and never had an issue with the wire. they use the same quality stuff as dimarzio or any one else.

ive only wired in a handful of duncan preamps, usually the stc-3p, but never had an issue. which wire or wires were giving you issues?

Comment

I've never noticed preamp wires being different from one company to the next. I always assumed they all sourced the wire from the same places.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If these are the wires that are breaking at the circuit board, these are the same wires used for all 4-conductor pickups. Either you had a rare, unusual defective board connection, or something about your install is putting unusual stress on the board. Did you contact the company directly about this? What was their response?

Comment

Working...
          X