NBD: Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD: Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod

I finally got my new Charvel, and I must say it is the nicest bass I've played, it definitely feels like a 4-digit price range bass, even though I only payed $999!

Tuners are great, fit and finish are phenomenal, knobs turn easily, bridge is solid heavy and well made.

The neck is the best thing about it. The edges are heavily rolled, making it extremely comfortable to play. Also I've never on a guitar noticed a major difference with compound radius necks, but it makes a HUGE improvement on this bass.

The 3 band EQ is very flexible, capable of making minor differences and less subtle changes that are surprisingly easy to dial in.

The pickups are great and I have a wide range of tones between the P and J pickups. Anywhere from rumble to bright and clear. I don't know how big a difference the reverse P pickup makes, as I've never heavily played a P bass before.

Only two issues I had with it, two spots on the fretboard look liked the frets had created "tan lines" where the maple didn't fully caramelize. I know that's not a technically accurate portrayal of what goes on, but that's what it looks like. It's actually kind of cool. The other problem was the blend knob was "backwards". Turning it to the left turned the bridge on and turning right turned the neck on.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Nice! What do "right" and "left" mean on the blend knob? Mine were always clockwise towards the neck, counter towards the bridge.
    Take it to the limit
    Everybody to the limit
    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Which color did you get? Four or five string?

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        Which color did you get? Four or five string?
        As pictured, green 4 string. I wanted a 5 string but the specs on 4 were better.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post
          Nice! What do "right" and "left" mean on the blend knob? Mine were always clockwise towards the neck, counter towards the bridge.
          Yeah, that's how mine came. I changed it to be clockwise towards bridge because that makes more sense to me mentally

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

As pictured, green 4 string. I wanted a 5 string but the specs on 4 were better.
            That's weird. I don't see a picture, but I know that green color that you're talking about.

Comment

Weird, I opened the thread on a different machine and it didn't show up for me either.

Can you see this?
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes, it is showing up.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

many knobs! love the color of the body. kinda think a dark ebony board would look even better. i do like the reverse p pup though, i always did that when i built basses

Comment

Working...
                  X