No announcement yet.

Why so few Ric bass copies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't know that about the pickup being a horseshoe. Will need to check footage to see if any of the greats did anything with the cover.

It makes sense if you rest your thumb on it and pluck with fingers in front of the cover but not with a pick.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      Rickenbacker in general is VERY aggressive in shutting down anyone who tries to make an actual reproduction of any of their instruments.
      There's your answer right there.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll probably get one at some point, but they are fairly costly
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          Well, I guess I'll probably get one at some point, but they are fairly costly
          They don't appear to be Alembic or Zon costly.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post

They don't appear to be Alembic or Zon costly.
            They have a very specific sound though, and I haven't heard another bass that had the Rick sound.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

They have a very specific sound though, and I haven't heard another bass that had the Rick sound.
              My import short scale Gretsch with humbuckers surprisingly gets in the ball park pretty well. I had both to compare in the studio.

Comment

Working...
              X