banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A comedy of errors and fixes (Hamer Slammer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A comedy of errors and fixes (Hamer Slammer)

I thought my jack was bad in my Hamer Slammer (probably was) so I opened it up and realized the ground wire was off. Soldered that back on, but then it didn't work at all.

Then I realized another wire came undone on the PCB board, and soldered that back on. It worked again, but was cutting out so I changed out the box-style jack for a Switchcraft I had laying around.

It was still sounding weird, but I poked around at everything and was sure I had things right. Then I remembered my computer isn't all that great and it might be the plugin I was using while trying to monitor in real time. Turns out that's what it was.

Silly me, chasing the wrong issue, yet fixing issues along the way (and ending up with a much better output jack). Live and learn

lol.... it never fails.

Comment

My Hamer Scarab XT (made in China around the time of the Slammers) is one of the most solid guitars I own for the price. Might have paid $250 for it back in the late 00s. Swapped out the original pickups for a 57 Classic + and 498t though. One of my favorites for tracking rhythms.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post
        My Hamer Scarab XT (made in China around the time of the Slammers) is one of the most solid guitars I own for the price. Might have paid $250 for it back in the late 00s. Swapped out the original pickups for a 57 Classic + and 498t though. One of my favorites for tracking rhythms.
        Never tried a scarab but I’d def get another Hamer bass, this one is solid as well and was similarly priced used

Comment

It feels like a smaller Explorer.

Hamer was out of business after the Fender buyout some years ago, but I think they are back in limited production.

Comment

Working...
          X