Good Bass Song Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Bass Song Tutorials

Do any of you guys know of any really good tutorials for a song on bass? I've seen a few for guitar that really outline not just what notes to play, but why. Ones that give good insight into the theory behind how the player came up with the riff or solo. Do those exist for bass? Not ones that make you memorize the notes being played, but ones that teach you the patterns that produce those notes.

Originally posted by '59 View Post
    Do any of you guys know of any really good tutorials for a song on bass? I've seen a few for guitar that really outline not just what notes to play, but why. Ones that give good insight into the theory behind how the player came up with the riff or solo. Do those exist for bass? Not ones that make you memorize the notes being played, but ones that teach you the patterns that produce those notes.
    Can you post a guitar example of what you are talking about:\?
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Yeah, this type of thing

If you try to play the record of Brown Eyed Girl it would take you quite a lot of memorization of every little thing that he does, but if you try to "recreate" the song on your own using a knowledge of music theory, it's a very simple song. This guy doesn't have too many other songs videos like this on his channel, but this is an excellent video. 57 minutes may seem like a lot for such a simple song, but I appreciate the theory knowledge as well as the entertainment value of going into detail about what exactly makes a song tick

Comment

Working...
      X