NOBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOBD

Been thinking about adding a bass to the collection. I mentioned something about it this morn to the wife earlier today that there were a couple cpl I was looking at at my local shop.

Little while later she says put your shoes on, ok, we walk out to the car and she says we are going to get you a bass for Fathers Day, alright cool.

They had a used sunburst Squier P bass and a used black Sterling SUB that Id looked at the other day. Im switching back and forth between the two, finally I decided on the Sterling SUB.

Side note they had a green PRS Grainger bass, kinda ear green apple. She goes I like the green one, I said not for $3500 you dont. She said, well if you get that, thats Fathers Day, birthday and Christmas.

For just picking up the first Ive really ever owned, Ill stick with the $300 Sterling.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240616_160531.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	6283025
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Excellent choice.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Sterlings, both guitars and basses, are wonderful instruments.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i always liked those sub basses, really good for the money

Comment

This is something to consider. You can purchase this bass for $349 brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer84 View Post
            This is something to consider. You can purchase this bass for $349 brand new.
            It also came with a TKL Zero Gravity case that retails for about $200, hence the bit higher price
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

You can't get those new any more. This one is from after SUBs stopped being MIA but before the ones we have now. $300 is near the best price you are gonna get, there's only so much of a profit margin a store can get on a $350 instrument, even one in such good condition. I've heard there are some pretty major differences between the two, but I'm not certain enough to open my mouth on the subject
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
              X