banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here uses .009 gauge strings on their les paul or les paul copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who here uses .009 gauge strings on their les paul or les paul copy?

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive
    (easier to bend strings? lol...).

What's funny in that? It's obvious how I can make more accurate and much wider bends with my friends LP strung with 9's than with my own strats with 10's.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
      What's funny in that? It's obvious how I can make more accurate and much wider bends with my friends LP strung with 9's than with my own strats with 10's.
      Don't feed the trolls.

Comment

Why is this even a conversation? What is next an argument about which picks are best to use? What sneakers are best for stepping on a DS1?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Why is this even a conversation? What is next an argument about which picks are best to use? What sneakers are best for stepping on a DS1?
          Nope....tonewood.

Oh....wait.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
            It's easier to do wider ones (doing a one and a half step bend on .11s is doable, but hard), but I feel like there's much less control with light strings.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Who here uses .009 gauge strings on their les paul or les paul copy?

Originally posted by Securb View Post
              Sneakers for a DS1?

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

REAL men use their bare feet and wouldn’t even think of using sneakers, or even socks, to soften the blow. You’d never see Paul Newman using sneakers to step on any pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by The Commodores?
              "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Which pedal button is better for sock feet

Boss / Behringer
                Or that pointy ole MXR headlight button
                EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  It's easier to do wider ones (doing a one and a half step bend on .11s is doable, but hard), but I feel like there's much less control with light strings.
                  A matter of playing style I guess. I feel my playng loses accuracy more forcefully I play with either hand, so I've practiced to play quite amicably in general.
                  "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"

Comment

Originally posted by BriGuy1968 View Post
                    Sneakers for a DS1?

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

REAL men use their bare feet and wouldn’t even think of using sneakers, or even socks, to soften the blow. You’d never see Paul Newman using sneakers to step on any pedal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I'm a total fraud for playing with socks and using those Mooer buttons in all my pedals.

Comment

• Re: Who here uses .009 gauge strings on their les paul or les paul copy?

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive
                      Just like cars with automatic transmission are for women, I always perceive light strings are for teen girls just starting out or sissy guys who are not physically strong. And actually from observation there is some element of truth to that assumption (easier to bend strings? lol...).

Weird I know, but really, Paul Newman would have never driven a car with automatic gears. Real men use 3 pedals.
                      What an arrogant statement here!
                      I'm 61 now have much more grip strength than most as work with my hands regularly to keep it and have played 9's for years.
                      I also have issues with my hands after beating myself up as a player for 45 + years and have to run lighter strings and lower action or loose feeling in my fretting hand on a long set. That is due to both my fight with AS and damage over the years in my wrist from over pressure from doing things like grabbing full bar cords and vibratoing them a big mistake. Now have scar tissue in my wrist. At this point have to run light strings and can't play a full set on acoustic anymore as it's this or just put it down forever.
                      Last edited by Ascension; 12-05-2019, 10:17 AM.
                      Guitars
                      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

^Relax grandpa. I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. It's just my personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                          Don't feed the trolls.
                          I am a troll cause you don't like what I think? Lol to that...

Comment

I will say that it isn't difficult to state your opinion without disparaging others. Lookie:
                            Instead of saying "People who use smaller strings Are Not Men'
                            let's try "I just prefer bigger strings"

Hiding behind 'It is just my opinion, man' doesn't work. Be nice to fellow forum members. We all have different opinions, but for this place to work, we can't put people down for theirs.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                              You’re a troll because you’re only contributions to this forum are negative remarks to everyone about every subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                                Not because you don't like what I do, but because you couch your opinion in an inflammatory language that is obviously meant to annoy people. That is the very definition of a troll.

There. Now three people have explained it; let us get on with the thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X