Pictures Of My Finished "Blue" Stratocaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures Of My Finished "Blue" Stratocaster

Hello all....Well I'm pissed that the pictures keep coming out too dark and you don't see the wood grain...Anyway...

The body is a Highway 1 strat in Saphire Blue(Very light)
    The neck is from an early 80s strat with 12" radius..
    Vintage bridge
    Slip Stone nut
    APS1 Neck and middle
    Hybrid pickup w/A2 in the bridge..
    Mint Green Guard(I may change this to a white pearl with s/s/s)We'll see?
    My action is around 5/64" on both E strings unfretted at the 12th fret...
    I'm still messing with the pickup heights....Check it out....Sorry the pictures are so dark...You'll get the jist of it.....John

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 07-01-2004, 03:47 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Pictures Of My Finished "Blue" Stratocaster

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

you'll have to do the [img ] pic url [/img ] thing coz we cant log into your account
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

John,

Cannot see it as well - if you want to use www.photobucket.com for hosting your pictures or upload it from your pc.

Norman
        Normans Guitars

Comment

Please try it again guys...Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
            Please try it again guys...Thanks..
            John,

It works - only one problem the guitar is upside down!! Like it very much and that colour looks really nice, even if as you say it is darker. Tell me what those pups are like as I am thinking of doing something with my Teal Green Highway as I am not happy with the pups that are in there. I am still toying with the idea of putting some Fralins in there but I want something with a bit of an edge.

You might need to raise that action a wee bit by the way.

Norman
            Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Norman_T
              It works - only one problem the guitar is upside down!!
              (John is a "lefty".)

John; looks great. I gotta drive down to Tampa one of these days and catch your band.

Maybe you'll let me touch it. (The guitar, I mean.)
              Last edited by ArtieToo; 07-01-2004, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Nice guitar lefty... I'm primarily left-handed but I learned guitar right-handed, and I'm glad that I did. You seem to have no problem pulling off getting great guitars though!
                7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

nice blue strat!!! ... bet it looks even better in person and sounds even better than that!
                  enjoy and play in good health
                  cheers
                  t4d
                  gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

haha, John ...

she looks like a player!

yes, I'll say it ....

"I like blue strats!!"

that trans finish looks cool
                    "music heals"
                    facebook

Comment

you'll have to bring it too the store sometime. BTW, my band is playing @ Bourbon St tonight (thurs)- we play 2nd.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I knew it, I knew it......Curly and Lew are gonna be jealous LOL.

Nice geetar, John-O !!! ................
                        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Gotta love blue strats. Nice job. That slipstone nut interests me.

Personally, I'd keep a mint guard with white knobs/covers
                          or parchment with aged knobs/covers

I don't dislike pearl white, but they're becoming a little passe' (early 90's)IMO

Did you own those guitars, or did you seek out the individual parts? Just curious about the neck, compared to the Highway 1 neck?
                          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

John,

It works - only one problem the guitar is upside down!!
                            Norman
                            Not only that...but the damn thing is missing a fret as well!

Nice looking guitar John. You guys have me jonesing for a blue strat big time.
                            My Sound Clips

Comment

John,

It works - only one problem the guitar is upside down!! Like it very much and that colour looks really nice, even if as you say it is darker. Tell me what those pups are like as I am thinking of doing something with my Teal Green Highway as I am not happy with the pups that are in there. I am still toying with the idea of putting some Fralins in there but I want something with a bit of an edge.

You might need to raise that action a wee bit by the way.

Norman
                              Hello buddy...This guitar sounds really great..Acts more like an ash body in that it's nice and snappy and percussive with great clean note articulation...The "Hybrid" in the bridge w/A2 matched to the APS2 middle and neck is great also...If you split the Hybrid,you get a great sounding 7k split tone via the Custom slug coil...Very good sounding 4th position tones also for a split coil humbucker...The parallel tone is a bit thinner but still gives great quack in the 4th position and with no hum and a bit more midrange...This whole body seems to resonate very well and has a nice tone that I attribute to the combination of great pickups,a vintage bridge,and a nice maple neck...I also decided to try some GHS Boomers(Haven't used these strings in years) for a brighter tone withm ore presence...The guitar came out perfect and it looks and sounds great guys! I Like a mint green guard as a rule,but it looks nice over the blue...Maybe I'll just leave the Hybrid in this guitar now and play it for awhile..Took me two days to get er all together... I had to replug the neck,redrill it,and remount it etc...Plus the guard didn't fit exactly the way I wanted it to...Just some things that slowed me down a bit,but the guitar came out great! I Must say that the body color and grain looks so pretty in person and in some light...The satin finish is light and really lets the guitar resonate alot..

John

Comment

Working...
                              X