Loose tailpiece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose tailpiece

The sleeve that fits into the body of my Epi LP into which the tailpiece stud threads is pulling up from the body. What should do to anchor it down?

Re: Loose tailpiece

bump for my 'bro.

Comment

You gat the best solution I think, Robert. Just get a Gibson. But 2nd best would be?

Comment

Hey man, what's wrong with a little loose tail?

Comment

Nothing, as long as the stud doesn't keep slippin' out of the hole....lol

Comment

Try some epoxy mixed with sawdust, tape around the hole with masking tape (a few layers) coat the sides of the hole with it, and press the mounting ferrule back in, wipe up the excess immediately, and thouroughly. After an hour check it again, wipe up anymore, and remove the tape, put new tape down incase of any more expansion during curing. Let cure a day or two before playing. An easy, and less potentially harmful fix is to do the same but use sawdust and carpenters glue, at least if that gets on the finish you can ge it off while still wet. Still the tape, wipe, and let cure thing has to be done. The sawdust is so that it has something to grab besides glue or epoxy which with it can't hang on to as tight (the wood is actually harder).
            Zerberus what say you on this matter?
            ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
            ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
            Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Bought a new tailpiece off eBay. The seller stated it looked like it would fit perfectly on my Epi LP. It doesn't. 1/32-1/16" [or should I be using millimeters]too wide to fit on the posts. Fortunately the sleeves that came with it were the answer to my problem. They fit so tight they aren't ever coming out. For the 1st time my LP stays in tune! So it was well worth it-problem solved and lesson learned("Excuse me. But is that a metric tailpiece?")All for less than $20.00.

Thanks for the advice Kent. Very good info.

I also want to thank Midnite_man and USCDboy for getting the obvious innuendos out of the way right off the bat so the business at hand could be dealt with.

Comment

Working...
              X