Rivera Knucklehead 55 and R5512 amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rivera Knucklehead 55 and R5512 amps

Forgot to mention, when you listen to the clips at www.twilight-odyssey.com ...
    My rhythm guitar is on the RIGHT SIDE (Left side is a Peavey Ultra stack). The solos are all me, but are a Korg PXR-4 ...
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by echofinger
      And don't forget, Rivera was founded by the 2nd in command at Mesa-Boogie, (I forget his name at the moment) when he defected to start his own company... So in my mind, all you are missing out on is the Boogie name.
      Paul Rivera wasn't it?

I'm not sure you're 'missing out' on name when you go with Rivera.

From what I've seen here Rivera is regarded as a more exclusive brand than Mesa Boogie.

Comment

I played a little KH55 head through a 4x12" cab in my favourite used amp shop a couple of times. It can definitely do that nice, edgy, juicy, gainy British tone very well, especially when cranked. It is more post- than pre-80's. Cleans... Man who cares about cleans when there is that nasty gain knob?

The price was high above my level but as a diehard Marshall freak I would not hesitate to buy that KH one day (it's still there).
        Wackor
        Ørdøg
        NecroPolo
        Diabolus in Musica
        SIDrip Alliance
        Book of Shadows
        RKH

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny R
          Paul Rivera wasn't it?

From what I've seen here Rivera is regarded as a more exclusive brand than Mesa Boogie.
          You are correct, it's Paul Rivera ... and he was one of the main brains behind Fender's golden age, not Mesa, btw ...

Comment

Originally posted by NecroPolo
            I played a little KH55 head ....
            Little?! LOL Even that head weighs in at about 50 lbs! The transformers used by Rivera are massive!!!

Comment

"little"
              Wackor
              Ørdøg
              NecroPolo
              Diabolus in Musica
              SIDrip Alliance
              Book of Shadows
              RKH

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny R
                Paul Rivera wasn't it?

I am a bit out of the loop I guess, I bought the thing back around 1990, before Rivera was highly regarded. (among my circle of musician friends anyway. In fact, I have been openly mocked on a number of occasions, "RIVERA?!!! WTF KINDA AMP IS THAT?!!?")

And as for the Mesa Boogie thing, that was the tale told to me by the salesman at the time, so truth be told I don't know for sure if Rivera worked at Boogie or not.

I guess it's a testament to the quality of it that I haven't bothered to go after a new amp! Either that or I am a complete idiot. Either way, I like it = I am happy.

Comment

TwilightOdyssey, do you have clean songs with the Rivera? I don't play that style so I wouldn't know what to use it for if it could only do mega gain metal. Just want to hear as many amps as i can so i could make a good choice when i do the big buy.
                  2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Working...
                  X