Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Wolf
    replied
    I'm intrigued by these Ultex picks. What are the main differences between them and Tortex? I wonder about trying something new.

Leave a comment:

• TwilightOdyssey
    replied
    Fender Premium Celluloid, Heavy.
    Life expectancy is about 3 hrs.

Leave a comment:

• southadc
    replied
    I use Dava control picks - they seem to wear just to the side of the tip in about 4-5 weeks for me.

But then I flip it over and play the other side.

Leave a comment:

• McLaughysSN
    replied
    Originally posted by Chi3f
    btw- mr wolf or anybody else that has the boss ge-7... does it make a big difference for you? did you have a really bad sound before or did you think it sounded good then you got that pedal and really got what you were after? i was thinking about adding one to my arsenal but wasn't sure if it would be worth it.
    yes, big difference. i use one in my chain and its on for all the rhythmn parts at a little bit comressed volume and then turn it off for the solo boost. the way that is working for me is that i have a slight scoop on the GE-7 and then boost mids on the amp so it so great for the rythmn and i can turn it off for the mid boost for the solo

as for picks, ive tried the dunlop tortex picks. something about them i didn't like too much, i guess ive become used to the fender mediums (which i use) but given the situation i really dont care what pick im using unless its extra heavy, i cant stand those for guitar (good for bass though)

Leave a comment:

• nuntius
    replied
    dunlop 1.14s lasted 2 week with me but now i use dunlop Jazz IIIs which seem to last forever

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied
    I have no idea. I have tons of them laying around and I just pick up one that's close to me.

Leave a comment:

• JALIN
    replied
    Tortex 0.88 user here and they usually last 2 weeks for me. Did you ever notice they make your sound thinner when holding with picture side facing floor? Try it!

Leave a comment:

• Jonny R
    replied
    I use the gator 1.14mm - they seem to last a month or two.

Sometimes I need to sharpen them by sliding them across carpet - gets the point back again and makes them last longer.

Works well.

Leave a comment:

• strat_master
    replied
    I use currently .60 tortex pciks they last for a maybe a good 2-3 weeks, after that when it gets idna dull they dont play as well, and ocne the turle fades its done!

Leave a comment:

• Scatterwound
    replied
    I use brass TECKPICK picks by Dunlop....These last for ever....Althought the metal pick may not be for everyone...

Leave a comment:

• wasteofo2
    replied
    I use Guitar Research picks, and they last far longer than 2 months, but I don't play punk or metal or anything like that which requiers super fast strumming of powerchords.

Leave a comment:

• Nightburst
    replied
    Lol, I loose em too before they get worn out. I use 1.14 gator grips so I think the can last quite some time.

The shortest living pick I had was a Paul Gilbert signature model, I liked it a lot but after 1 hour of playing my strings just completly ate the pick leaving pickdust all over the guitar.
    Don't ever do pickslides with celluloid picks!

Leave a comment:

• rraawwrr
    replied
    Originally posted by Pandemonium
    Since I switched to Dunlop Ultex I dunno, I haven't worn any out yet. They seem to be almost indestructable.
    yeah those are pretty tough. i use those (1.14 mm) and fender heavys (1mm). i go through the fenders in usually 2 weeks, sometimes one depending on how much i play.

the ultex last me about 3 months, so they are a pretty good value

Leave a comment:

• MattPete
    replied
    Jim Dunlop Gel XH. They seem to last forever:

http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/picks/products/gels/index.html

I use the yellow extra-heavy ones.

Leave a comment:

• Pandemonium
    replied
    Since I switched to Dunlop Ultex I dunno, I haven't worn any out yet. They seem to be almost indestructable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X