banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the Hell is This? Original ESP Lynch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the Hell is This? Original ESP Lynch!

I was checking out eBay, and found the actual ESP ORIGINAL Skulls and Snakes Lynch for sale! This was the prototype that came out before the Wicked Sensation album art Skulls and Snakes that we all know and love.

On the back of the headstock, there is a large black block screwed on. What the Hell is this? A wireless transmitter? A tone-enhancing device of some sort? A container housing the extra finger Lynch uses on difficult solos? I had read that the second-generation Skulls and Snakes has a FatHead installed (a large brass plate used to enhance tone). Could this be similar? Upon zooming, it looks like 3 smaller blocks of wood.

I thought it was worthy of the Forum... Oh BTW- anyone have $5400 they can loan me?
    Last edited by 7th Hell; 07-06-2004, 09:56 AM.
    Very Metal.

:firedevil :headbang: :firedevil

ESP Lynch Kamikaze 4
    ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger
    ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes
    ESP Lynch Serpent-colored lefty body
    ESP KH-1
    LTD F-207-7 string- custom metal headstock tone block
    BC Rich KKV
    Schecter Omen 7-7 string- SD '59 neck/Custom bridge
    Soldano Series II Super Lead 60

Re: What the Hell is This? Original ESP Lynch!

LOL! Sure! I just faxed over a $6500 bill to you. You will have to take care of the shipping, tho ...

I think the forum at www.georgelynch.com will be better suited to answer your question. You can always call Todd Binder in California, as well; he will probably know. Todd is a great guy. When I ordered my Lynchs, and they came to Cali for assembly, I sent him my strings, and he set up the guitars with my strings on 'em!!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

It just looks like a big piece of metal (maybe lead?). Did he do that for more mass to improve the sustain? Dunno...
      www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

We discussed thios last week at the J/C Forum. We came to the conclusion that The block is a big magnet (3 magnets). Has 2 advantages:

1. More mass in the headstock = more sustain (questionable on a floyded axe IMO, but...)
        2. Allen key holder

We think itīs legit.
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Wow... the things some of us will go through to get better tone! I think you're right. A rectangular magnetic plate screwed onto the headstock and three large metal blocks (perhaps steel?). This would allow you to tweak your tone by removing some of the metal blocks. I wonder if this was intentional or just another happy accident? Maybe the magnet has some sort of New Age hollistic healing properties as well!

Thanks Guys! BTW- Run don't walk to your local record store- Lynch's "Furious George" CD is out and every song on it is UN-FREAKIN' BELIEVABLE! King George is Back!
          Last edited by 7th Hell; 07-06-2004, 09:29 PM.
          Very Metal.

:firedevil :headbang: :firedevil

ESP Lynch Kamikaze 4
          ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger
          ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes
          ESP Lynch Serpent-colored lefty body
          ESP KH-1
          LTD F-207-7 string- custom metal headstock tone block
          BC Rich KKV
          Schecter Omen 7-7 string- SD '59 neck/Custom bridge
          Soldano Series II Super Lead 60

Comment