amp crissis!! help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp crissis!! help

I've been going back and forth between different amps, Peavey, marshall, sovtek and I can't decide which one. I originally was gonna go with the marshall dsl 401 combo or the peavey classic 30 but I kept hearing people say that a 1x12 speaker is not enough for rock gigging. so I started to check out sovtek mig 50s and an avatar 2x12. but since I live in a condo ( no one below me or on top, just beside me) I would not be able to get a decent sound at my house. maybe a 2x12 marshall combo could be the answer, but which one? thanks.

Re: amp crissis!! help

why dont you get the DSL 50 head and a 2x12 cab for it?
    My clips

Originally posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Get the 50 watt Sovtek, it's a great amp and it sounds fine at low volumes as well.

Comment

thanks for the recommendations, right now I think a marshall dsl 401 combo with the speaker changed to either a V30 or g12h30. if it isnt enough for gigs then i will get an avatar 2x12.

Comment

Stay away from the DSL; you will want to sell it in 6 months.
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

would one g12h 70th reissue work in the 40 watt marshall combo. I think I read that they are only 30 watt power handling. does this mean I can't use it in a 1x12 40 watt marshall

Comment

twilight odyssey, what amp do you recommend thats in the ball park of the 401.

Comment

I think that anything more than 50 watts is more than you need, although the 2x12 is a good recommendation for filling out your sound. Plus you won't be blowing your neighbors out. I 've gigged fairly regularly with my 60w amp (Ampeg doesn't make a 30w guitar amp), and have never needed to turn it up past 4. I wish I could push it a little harder sometimes.
                Carvin SC90 (Jazz neck, CC bridge)
                Fender Aerodyne Telecaster (stock pups: tele bridge and p-90 neck)
                Ampeg Reverberocket combo

http://emayhem.com/toptenidols
                http://emayhem.com/the_fords
                (note: these songs were not recorded using the gear mentioned above...)

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                  Stay away from the DSL; you will want to sell it in 6 months.
                  Did you really think that?? Ive had my DSL 50 now for about that and i still love it..

What You might want to do is if you got the DSL401 you couls get another 1x12 cab and connect it aswell...essentially having a 2X12..

Although Twilight i will admit i am Gassing For a JCM 800 alright..!!
                  Marshall JVM 410C
                  Mesa Boogie DC-3
                  ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                  1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                  2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                  2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                  1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                  2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                  1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

no one answered my question about whether the celestion g12h 30 watt will work in the dsl 401. I've heard awesome things about this speaker and wouild like to use one but I don't know if I can. by the way in response to twilight odysseys coment about dsls, I tried a dsl 401 and its pantses my avt20 in public!!!!!! haha and doesnt jeff beck and the guy from los lonely boys use the dsl series?

Comment

oops my bad I asked the question about the speaker in another thread.....

Comment

******!!!! I did ask it in this thread. o well im a dumbass

Comment

Working...
                        X