banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Banzai Fireball worth the 180? If not, what OD should i get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Banzai Fireball worth the 180? If not, what OD should i get?

Sometime this year i'll be selling my AVT and getting a used deluxe reverb. I'll need a good OD pedal before i get it. I LOVE the sound of marins clips when he uses the fireball. But i can't find it used ANYWHERE and my music store doesn't have one for me to try out and see if i like it enough to spend 180 on it. Should i get it anyway? If not, what's another good OD pedal that would be kick ass through the deluxe? I'll need it to give me good rock and blues tones. Also if there's 2 pedals for rock and blues you think would be better let me know. Thanks.

Re: Is the Banzai Fireball worth the 180? If not, what OD should i get?

Wow... you've got good taste Cory. The Deluxe Reverb will provide heavenly cleans and the Banzai is a killer pedal so you will be very happy (that is, if you listened to Marin's clip and like it).

For the people that want a hot rodded Marshall out of their Fender, get a ToneBone Hot British.

If you want a high quality overdrive pedal that will get the DR's natural overdrive really shown, you can't go wrong with the Fireball
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

sweet, thanks man. i just wish i could find a fireball used... i need the extra cash. but from all i've read about this pedal it oughta be worth it... my future rig is gna kick ass!!

Comment

I want a fireball too
        My Soundclick page.

Comment

NO WAY! I just went to the banzai site and realized they raised the price of the fireball 20 bucks!!!! GD!!!!!! this sucks http://www.banzaieffects.com/products/fireball2.htm i'm so pissed off right now.... that's such bull sh!t... it was 179 right?

Comment

MusicToyz.com provides guitarists with excellent guitars, pedals, pickups, and more to reach tonal nirvana. FREE shipping !

Comment

sweet, thanks

Comment

If you want rock and blues tones, look at the G2D Custom overdrive. That'll do everything from a hint of transparent overdrive right through to pre-recto metal.

I prefer the G2D classic overall. Execellent for what you want to do. The custom is more versatile, and has a more transparent blues mode, whereas the classic is more meashall-like.

Originally posted by Jolly
                ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Working...
                X