Just tried a bunch of fenders today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tried a bunch of fenders today.

I went in my music store and played a 60's reissue strat gold, a H1 tele sunburst, H1 strat sunburst, and an amazing american deluxe strat with the series parallel switch sunburst. the 60's reissue strat was a little stiff, but was good but not as good as the others. the teles bridge pup was really snappy, sounded awesome under distortion, I actually really liked this guitar alot. then I played an H1 strat which sounded really awesome I felt really at home with this guitar I just opened it up and started screaming for like 5 minutes before i realised what I was doing. Then I played the MIA deluxe strat this was very similiar to the H1 except for the series parralell swich which sounded amazing, instant recocnizable brian may tone. I really liked this guitar. but I think if I could install a series parralell switch in the H1 I would be very happy and would have hundreds more dollars left in my pocket. I'm torn between the H1 tele and strat I absolutely loved the distortion on the tele very snappy and edgy but the strat was more versatile and with the series parrallel would be a tone machine. I love fenders!!! I need one to have complete versatility with my LP.
    O ya and I tried out all of these guitars on a marshall dsl 401, the amp I'm getting.

Re: Just tried a bunch of fenders today.

Fenders are supreme...

HAIL FENDER

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I'm pretty happy with my new AS strat. Mine's maybe a little bright on the neck pickup, but overall a very playable, good sounding guitar:

my one criticism: the cheap "Made in China" case!
      not nearly the case that the former SKB was

I find it sadly ironic that an American strat has a Chinese case. I don't think Leo would approve.
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

I really like the Highway 1 Strat! I think it's the ultimate 'kit' guitar, once you upgrade the pups. There is suposed to be a Highway 1 Showmaster coming out with twin HBs and a Floyd!! Can't wait to play it!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
        X