Rectifier Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rectifier Tubes

i just got a Mesa Single Rectifier Rect-o-Verb in the mail today. i ordered it from ebay and the guy sent a set of new mesa 6l6 tubes with it. there arent any other tubes in the head. this is my first tube head and dont know much about the insides of them. are there supposed to be more tubes in it? if there are where can i get some to fit in my head.
    Gibson Les Paul Studio [DD(b), PG(n)]

VHT Deliverance 60
    Splawn 4x12

Xssive built Monroe Drive
    Vox Time Machine Delay
    Boss Noise Supressor

Re: Rectifier Tubes

First of all, don't turn the amp on unless every tube socket has a tube in it.

He should have included the 6L6's, the big rectifier tube/s, and however many 12AX7's go in it. If he didn't, I'd complain and ask him to send them.

If it came "as is", click my link for www.revolutionguitar.com Make sure you know what tubes you need, and buy them from him. He ships quick, and you won't find better tubes cheaper anywhere. Write down all the tube types before contacting him, so he can get you setup fast. Also, I'd put Svetlana 6L6's in that amp.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      First of all, don't turn the amp on unless every tube socket has a tube in it.

He should have included the 6L6's, the big rectifier tube/s, and however many 12AX7's go in it. If he didn't, I'd complain and ask him to send them.

If it came "as is", click my link for www.revolutionguitar.com Make sure you know what tubes you need, and buy them from him. He ships quick, and you won't find better tubes cheaper anywhere. Write down all the tube types before contacting him, so he can get you setup fast. Also, I'd put Svetlana 6L6's in that amp.
      To elaborate on this post, there should be 2 6L6 power tubes and 5 12AX7 preamp tubes. No Recitifier tubes in the Singles...

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
        To elaborate on this post, there should be 2 6L6 power tubes and 5 12AX7 preamp tubes. No Recitifier tubes in the Singles...
        Really? Why do they call it the Single Rectifier? Diode only, huh?

Comment

Working...
        X