What wire to buy for a strat-vintage pups, minimal noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What wire to buy for a strat-vintage pups, minimal noise

i need to know what wires i should use in my strat. Im installing the ant II's next week, and need to know what i need in it. What circuit requires shielded wire and which doesnt. Can anyone tell me! Help!
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Re: What wire to buy for a strat-vintage pups, minimal noise

If you're wanting as little noise as possible, shield the guitar instead of just the wiring. Check out guitarnuts.com and look at "shielding the beast". You could wire it up with all vintage styled wire if you wanted, it'd still be dead silent.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

cause i heard in another post that shielded wire ruins your tone....does it really? I bought a spool of shielded wire and was wondering if i made a mistake. I also kept the sheilding the beast in mind-ive been studying it a while, as ive never installed strat pickups. I'm going on a fresh pickguard, so im starting from scratch in the wiring. I want to keep my samarium cobalt pickups accessible in a prewired guard, as they only come in fender strats $1000+, and do sound nice!
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Wire is wire. Of course there will be those who argue that in order to reach a certain tone, you have to do this and this and this with the wires and pots and switch. If you've never installed some pickups, constantly read and re-read that artical. If you've got any other questions or problems along the way, just drop me a line.
        This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Working...
        X