X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall Is The Mim Strats Good?

for the money are these good?
    i would like to get this,

Discover the sound of Fender, the spirit of rock-n-roll since 1946. Shop Fender guitars, basses, amplifiers, audio equipment, accessories, apparel and more.

Re: Overall Is The Mim Strats Good?

No.
    Save your $$ and get a Highway 1 ...
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

If you can get the Highway 1 strats around the $350-$400 mark then they are much better
      Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
        No.
        Save your $$ and get a Highway 1 ...
        they are that much better than the MIM?

Comment

Yes, the parts and wood quality is better, the tone is MUCH better, the frets are finished nicer, etc. A huge step up ...

Comment

Yes, the parts and wood quality is better, the tone is MUCH better, the frets are finished nicer, etc. A huge step up ...
            thanks!

Comment

the only problem is you won't get a guitar with that kind of finish on it - otherwise, I concur - highway1 over mim but mims are nice guitars =)

Comment

yeah, the highway 1 finishes are sketchy to me.......but overall better guitars
                http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                >cord<
                1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Sorry dudes, but the Highway 1s share the same parts. Both bodies are now alder. The highway 1 has a thin finish making it more resonant, but also very fragile.

MIM necks are all made & fretted in USA, only the finishing is done in Mexico.

Personaly, I'd go with the Highway 1 for the 22 frets neck. Otherwise, I'd go for the Deluxe MIMs.
                  Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

My student owns that model and it is a nice guitar! For $300 it's really a good deal! They didn't slack on the quality of the electronics or finishing IMO at all. Although the pups aren't totally top-of-the-line (two ceramic single coils and a 9K PAF-type pickup both made by Fender), they are definetely a good bang for the buck.
                    ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Originally posted by Thames
                      MIM necks are all made & fretted in USA, only the finishing is done in Mexico.
                      ... and they do a piss-poor job at it, compared to the Highway 1.

Interestesting fact about the parts, tho I doubt they are all the same. Hmmmm ...

Comment

... and they do a piss-poor job at it, compared to the Highway 1.

Interestesting fact about the parts, tho I doubt they are all the same. Hmmmm ...

All PING made. Cheap import.
                        Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

the frets aren't ping - are they? i thought they only made tuners...

Comment

I have a 2000 MiM Standard Strat, a 1998 California Series Strat, and a 2002 American Texas Special Strat. As far as fit, finish, feel, and stock pickups, the Texas Special wins hands down. With a pickup change, the Cali is very nice with more vintage flair. The Standard Mexi is playable and decent after a pickup swap, but it's not in the same league as the other two. I'm not that fond of the HWY1 Strats, but I would place them around the same quality as the Classic and Deluxe Series Mexican models (different pluses and minuses). The only real standout aspect of the HWY1 Strats are the nice necks - granted that's a mighty important feature. My best advice is to play as many as you can and let your ears and hands do the talking.

Comment

I have a MIM and I find that once the action's tweeked and had a pickup change, it becomes quite a good sounding guitar.

When choosing a MIM though, play as many as you can, the consistancy isn't that great, so some of them feel and sound like ass while others feel and sound great (except the pickups, which kinda suck. But I'm assuming you're planning on replacing them anyway, so that really isn't an issue when purchasing.)
                              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                              X