Tonepros is a Class Act!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonepros is a Class Act!

I must say, the customer service at Tonepros is probably the best I've encountered. One year ago, I decided to setup my teal black McCarty with an adjustable bridge and zebra C-5/59. Since PRS wraparound bridges were designed to be intonated for 9's or 10's at concert pitch, I needed to be able to get perfect intonation on other tunings, so I bought the Tonepros PRS adjustable bridge. The boldness of the notes, sustain, and perfect intonation were quickly recognized, after doing the swap. After awhile, I decided to lower the bridge, but realized it wouldn't go any lower. I found out that those bridges had gone through a few minor design adjustments, so I Emailed Tonepros to see about getting 2 of the improved bolts.
    After 1 Email, which was responded to instantly, Tonpros customer service had a WHOLE new bridge at my door the next day! What a surprise to get another $132 bridge for free! Personally, I think Tonepros are worth the money, for the improvements it makes to a guitar's performance, but when the customer service takes care of it's customers like that, it proves why they've caught on so quickly in the guitar world.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Tonepros is a Class Act!

i've had really similar experiences. they simply are one of the best companies out there! they have bent over backwards for me on two of my guitars and did heaps of stuff (like custom shop work) that they didn't need to do, just so that I was happy. I only wish that they made cars or whole guitars so I could buy more from them!
    Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

GJ, do they do work on Floyd-equipped guitars as well?
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I've heard really good things about their customer service. I have one on my Hamer, and it really does make a difference. They only sell hardtail bridges, as there's not really any way I can think of to apply their technology to Floyds.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Hmm, intersting. Thanks!

Comment

If only they weren´t so strongly affiliated with WD Music Products (I think WD even owns Tonepros, but I´m not sure)...
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Cool story GJ....it's great that a few companies out there still have top notch customer service.
              My Sound Clips

Comment

Tone Pros is cool, but I think they should use better quality materials for that price. I know they use zink which is the same as a lot of the cheap stock Gibson tail pieces. I noticed a huge difference with an aluminum tail on my LP.

I think if I get a PRS, I'll special order the adjustable PRS Stoptail in nickel since I use 11s.

Gear, are you using the AVT2 "Wraparaound" Bridge??
                Last edited by papersoul; 07-16-2004, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I have an aluminum tonepros. they switched over a few months ago. they even offer an aluminum ABR1 replacement.
                  Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Yeah, they gladly made me a 7-string tune-o-matic, like the one on the ESP Stephen Carpenter model, even though it wasn't offered on their website. AND they didn't charge me any more than the standard 6-string version.

I dont know what the deal with WD (I've heard lots of people don't like em) is, but they can count me as a satisfied customer.

Comment

Anyone notice how everyoneposting on this thread as +600 posts?

And no sign of Lee! Must be because this is actually about playing guitar ...

oops, did I say that out loud or think it?

Comment

when they first released their les paul version, I got one. The notches weren't cut. I had assumed they would be. Even though they didn't have to, they had me send it back and they notched them for me, even asked me what gauge strings I used.

Then I got a bit of rattling in one of the screws. They sent me an upgrade kit with some very small locking washer type rings. This is how the news ones are coming out.

Not only that, they sent me a nice 2X sized Golf Shirt for being a patient guy. Are you kidding me?

Needless to say, I've probably helped them sell 100 bridges. Good business plan.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I love tonepros. After this thread my opinion of them has gone through the roof.

Comment

Yep. Anytime a company is selling something to guitar players, there's a good chance of a complaint somewhere along the lines, but at least Tonepros takes care of their customers quickly, and without headaches.

I'd be willing to bet that the talk about Tonepros bridges on this site has resulted in at least 100 of them being sold.
                            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I have no experience with their customer service, but I will say the Tonepros bridge on my Schecter works flawlessly. It's a brilliant yet simple idea and a good quality product.

Comment

Working...
                              X