X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfgang owners-How do you like it?

Neck?
    Sustain?

Also, is the Quilttop Special close enough in quality to the higher-end one?
    Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Re: Wolfgang owners-How do you like it?

Hmmm....

Never played one of the Specials, so I can't comment on that.

My Wolfie rocks. I'm partial to it for the sound and playability. The neck? It's really comfortable and plays fast, but still has substance to it.

Sustain is good, IMO. The pickups are pretty hot, so if you're using it with a high gain amp, sustain shouldn't be much of an issue. Of course, I don't use your amp, so your mileage may vary. In short, it's one of the best rock guitars I've ever played, and a steal if you find a used US one on E-bay.

Farkus
    2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
    1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Never tried the Quilt Top so I can't comment on that. I've got the Wolfgang Special. The neck is one of the finest. Play's and feel's great at all times. I changed the stock pickups in mine to Dimarzio's. An Air Zone and an Air Classic. With the stock pickups it seem's either people love 'em or hate 'em. Some guy's here have installed various Duncans in theirs with great result's. I'm sure they'll chime in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike M.
        Never tried the Quilt Top so I can't comment on that. I've got the Wolfgang Special. The neck is one of the finest. Play's and feel's great at all times. I changed the stock pickups in mine to Dimarzio's. An Air Zone and an Air Classic. With the stock pickups it seem's either people love 'em or hate 'em. Some guy's here have installed various Duncans in theirs with great result's. I'm sure they'll chime in.
        I like the pups on mine pretty well. Would like to hear what Duncans the forum members are using in theirs, though.

Farkus
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

I've come across some good deals on ebay for Specials. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 3 low end guitars and getting 1 good one. Getting to really know 1 instead of always messing with 3.
          Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSteve
            I've come across some good deals on ebay for Specials. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 3 low end guitars and getting 1 good one. Getting to really know 1 instead of always messing with 3.
            That's a great Idea. But I'm keeping my first strat (MIM) until I get a 3rd guitar. And my Ibanez is a classic, I won't be getting rid of that
            • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
            • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
            • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
            • G&L Tribute Comanche
            • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
            • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
            • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
              That's a great Idea. But I'm keeping my first strat (MIM) until I get a 3rd guitar. And my Ibanez is a classic, I won't be getting rid of that
              You know, I started to type into my last post that I would probably keep the MIM Strat and sell the other 2.

I was playing it earlier and it really has a nice feel to it. Probably upgrade the pups sometime, but I do like it.

Comment

Working...
              X