Any Cort love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Cort love?

Well is there?? Tell me about your experience with this particular brand?

I am looking to buy a Cort, M520 to be precise. Nice guitar for the price, a little heavy though. The one I palyed felt really solid, how is the general quality?

Re: Any Cort love?

their website dumped a whole bunch of crap on my machine at work so they are off my list!

for the most part they are decent instruments for the money but the resale value is pretty low, so if you plan on keeping it go for it but if you may flip it then id look some where else

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      their website dumped a whole bunch of crap on my machine at work so they are off my list!

for the most part they are decent instruments for the money but the resale value is pretty low, so if you plan on keeping it go for it but if you may flip it then id look some where else
      You should know that guitar prices, first and second hand, are through the roof.

I pretty much made up my mind about it, but I would like to see what opinions people have about them. Right now 0-1 against cort

Comment

Any Courtney Love?
        2006 Gibson SG Classic "Towser"
        '04 MIM Strat, '05 Ibanez Artcore
        Fender Blues Junior , Boss DS-1/CH-1/TU-2
        Originally posted by ratherdashing
        Darwin hard at work!
        Originally posted by Jake
        I vote Jim, and by Jim I mean Robbie Krieger.
        Originally posted by Sludgenutz
        Who the hell is selling that guitar amp? Pep Boys?!

Comment

Seeing as Cort factories produce a lot of guitars on the market under other brand names, chances are most of us like something that rolls out of their doors .
          After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by FretFire View Post
            Seeing as Cort factories produce a lot of guitars on the market under other brand names, chances are most of us like something that rolls out of their doors .
            True, but I wonder if those good other brands guitars is in dispense of their own guitar line. I would reckon that they make more money on producing Ibanez´s, or whatever else brand, then their own...

Comment

The Cort equivalent will usually cost a little less than something that they build for another company, because the company that uses Cort to make their own guitars has their own profit and marketing expense to overcome.

You do not have to be worried about Cort product.

Comment

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
                The Cort equivalent will usually cost a little less than something that they build for another company, because the company that uses Cort to make their own guitars has their own profit and marketing expense to overcome.

You do not have to be worried about Cort product.

Sums it up well.
                After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

i go to court when i have to.lol no really i checked a couple out but didnt car for them but thats just me ,there was no one thing that stood out as a negative,but for the same money youll spend on that ,you could buy a whole lot more. schecter,jay turser,epiphone,imported fenders
                  play louder than the other guy.....

Comment

Hmm, I only saw a Cort once, didn't get to play it as it was a really low-end model, seemed decent.

However, let me tell you what the guy that sets my guitar up when I need to told me about them.
                    He said that if someone brings him a Cort for a setup he asks triple what he asks for other brand guitars (included the ones built by Cort) simply because his own experience has taught him that these instruments take him triple the time any other instrument would take him to set up (and gives him 3 times the headache and aggravation other instruments do...), and he has been in this business more than most around these parts...

That aside, I think that no one knows a guitar like its' owner.
                    So, I guess it depends on that one factor: Who will be responsible for it being in the right condition?

If that's you then I'm confident that even if it takes some time you'll get it there, otherwise, I'd look a little more before deciding on one...
                    Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                    I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                    Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                    Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

They are both high end and low end. Their set neck guitars are of very good quality and their bolt on's are of lower quality.

Comment

I know Bobby Cox has his own (Bass) artist series, I haven't played one but would like too.
                        BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
                        Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
                        Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
                        Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
                        Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
                        Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
                        Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
                        Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
                        Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
                        Gibson EBO

Comment

I dont really like corts because I dumped like $800 in to mine to make it a nice guitar....

Comment

the other guitar player in my band recently bought a cort X-TH and it's a very decent guitar. he also has another X serie (cheaper model though) and it's also a very good guitar within it's price range. So I don't really have bad experience with cort....

just my 2c
                            www.myspace.com/rollef
                            www.myspace.com/wheredeathlies

Comment

I played a few... there was a time when you couldn't get into a shop and not find one...

I really liked one of the X series that I've played (and I even didn't try it with distortion)... I didn't like the M series at all - sounds dead...
                              Although I haven't played it the M900 is one of the best looking guitars I've seen - with the chambered body it should sound better then the other Ms.

Comment

Working...
                              X