Performance Guitar appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Guitar appreciation thread

I saw in his signature that grendeltone has a couple of Performance Customs. I have one too, so I thought I would start tis thread. Anyone else have anything?

Mine was born on August 23rd, 1985. Maple body, maple neck/Pao Farro (sp?) fretboard. Gold Crownhead Gotoh Tuners, Gold Kahler Pro and a single Performance humbucker.

The initials on it are actualy painted on and under the clear.

She's a comfy guitar to playwith an nteresting balance point due to the short upper horn.

Here's pics:

www.lockwireguitars.com

Re: Performance Guitar appreciation thread

No love for the Performances?
    www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

thats pretty Pimpin

~Mitch~
      Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

Thanks. I was hoping there were some others on this forum with other ones to share... hmm...
        www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

haha...I guess Not.....But I do Have A Pretty Pimpin LADO SS...with a Wikked paint Scheme:P

~Mitch~
          Last edited by SonofaMitch; 03-10-2008, 07:21 PM.
          Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

I like it, not a big fan of the purple though. But SpHj, that's crazy looking! I like it. A little loud, but cool nonetheless.

Comment

Purple? Mine is actually really blue in person.
              www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

haha...sorry But my Purples Manly!...well....after you strap On those 80's TIGHT Leather pants and steal your Gf's makeup!!!

~Mitch~
                Buy My Neck!!!

Stage3-1

Comment

Performance guitars are a bit rare, so I don't think you'll find many people on here with them. I remember the ads in the guitar magazines- they built parts like Warmoth, had similar ads in the back of the magazines. Sometimes they'd slap together a guitar for some artists like Steve Vai or Warren Demartini. They were located in Hollywood, and basically a competitor to Charvel.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                    Performance guitars are a bit rare, so I don't think you'll find many people on here with them. I remember the ads in the guitar magazines- they built parts like Warmoth, had similar ads in the back of the magazines. Sometimes they'd slap together a guitar for some artists like Steve Vai or Warren Demartini. They were located in Hollywood, and basically a competitor to Charvel.
                    This stuff I knew. I've been to their facility. Lots of people have Warmoths tho... I figured there might be a couple floating around...
                    www.lockwireguitars.com

Comment

Performance Guitars are rad. Sometimes a few will show up on ebay. they haven't updated their site in a while.
                      anybody have any current info on them?

Comment

I just sold a performance neck. It had been given to me by a lefty friend who had bought another neck. I had it on a dinky strat for a while. Cool neck, very Jem-like. Are performance still around?
                        Originally posted by Jolly
                        ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits View Post
                          I just sold a performance neck. It had been given to me by a lefty friend who had bought another neck. I had it on a dinky strat for a while. Cool neck, very Jem-like. Are performance still around?
                          Oh that was you neck on Trademe then?.... small world, was going to nab it for a spare warmoth strat body i have, but forgot all about it!

Comment

Heres some pics and info on Steve Vai's performance guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Hot _Grits View Post
                              They are, but they're mainly a small repair shop. Here's their latest claim to fame. Warren Demartini loved his Charvels. When Charvel went under, Performance made Warren a few Charvel "clones"- they all felt, sounded, and had the same quality as his original Charvels. Performance signed Warren as an endorsee and has several Demartini signature guitars- frenchie, bomber, and the skull one...

At the same time Wayne Charvel was starting Wayne guitars back up, so he made a crossed swords for Warren, as well as a few others, hoping to get him as an endorsee...

Then Charvel back in business after Fender bought them,came along, I presume offered Warren more money, and he signed with them.

Performance guitars are VERY expensive- around $3,000. For half that price you can get a GMW or some other Charvel clones.

Comment

Working...
                              X