X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zakk wylde

Originally posted by ex-250
    didnt EVH do that too? at least on a couple of his guitars ive seen it done
    EVH uses little eye screws and clips that are similar to those found on dog chains.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
      That's a great way to damage your guitar and make it look really stupid also. And then later on you're going to wonder, why the hell did I do such a stupid thing? Especially when you realize you won't be able to put regular strap buttons or strap locks ever again.....oops, all of a sudden your guitar is ridiculous AND has no resale value.

score another one for "looking cool" vs. practicality and as a replacement for regular practice.

if you want to make the guitar look extra dumb, make sure you sling it low between your knees too. Might be able to damage your wrist at the same time.

I'm not trying to be an arse, really, but some stuff just bugs me.

I don't buy guitars for their resale value. I buy them to play them.

Any mod that you do that makes you want to play it more is a good mod, even it it bugs other guitarists (or lowers the resale).

(Actually, the fact that it bugs other guitarists is a bonus to me, since I can be a jackass at times )
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Well, just to follow up...we did add the bolts to my friends guitar and he could not be happier. Actually when I showed up at his house he had the strap buttons off and the drill ready. I like the way it looks on his, but I have decided not to do it to the dean...I don't want to look like I'm copying him, although it was my idea to do it in the first place...but thanks for the input guys.
        Hard Rock - gain on 5 - singing about good times.

Heavy Metal - gain on 10 - screaming about something.

---Gearjoneser
        he was trying to convince her to swing.

That's like taking a Ferrari to a mud bog.--Ginormous

Comment

Working...
        X