Sanding off the finish from the neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanding off the finish from the neck?

How much would it change the necks stability to sand off the finish from my jackson rhoads? which has a satin finshed neck, i really like the feel of a unfinished neck, but how durable would it be to warping, temperatur changes and so on? I know that itīs possible to just take off some of the finish, but how do i know how much that is enough?

I would also like to know if it is possible to sand the neck on my epiphone sg, which has a painted mahogany neck, would it be extremly sensitve even if i didnīt take all finsish off?

Sorry for my bad english and a lot of questions, but i would really appreciate some help on this, and i doesnīt wanna mess upp my guitars.

// Henrik

Re: Sanding off the finish from the neck?

im glad someone asked. i was wondering the same thing myself . I wanted to sand off the finish on my epi neck because i find unfinished necks easier to move around on. I'll probbaly take mine into a shop to get done though because im pretty sure i'll screw it up if i try it myself.

Comment

Re: Sanding off the finish from the neck?

Sanding the finish of necks is really easy. I did it to my Ibanez SA160QM to get a Wizard II profile and my SX's neck for a slimmer, unfinished profile. Pretty sweet, you'll like it a lot.
      Watch My Videos
      Photography
      www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
      "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

Working...
      X