Here's My Surfer Antiquity Loaded Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's My Surfer Antiquity Loaded Guard

Notice that I've loaded the pickups onto my guard backwards(Wires facing towards the neck) so I can keep the correct stagger under my strings...Also this one has the Fralin blender pot circuit that was recommended to me by Lew and many others on the forums...The pickups are Surfer Antiquities and CTS pots...The guard is white pearl...I'm in the process of installing the guard onto my blue highway 1 strat...Tonal reviews and more pictures to follow...

Special thanks to Lew Collins for the pickups and all tips and time...What a great guy Lew is!

John
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 07-21-2004, 01:40 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Here's My Surfer Antiquity Loaded Guard

Looks like a nice, clean install John.

You're gonna post some clips . . . right.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
      Looks like a nice, clean install John.

You're gonna post some clips . . . right.
      Sorry buddy...No clips.I need to find another program on my computer to record to...I was using Guitar Tracks Pro....Sold it..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Heh - perhaps a "road-trip" is in order.

BTW - Does the Antiquity Surfer "set" require all three p'ups.
        Or, what I mean, would it make sense to do just neck/middle in a HSS Strat,
        and then put something completely different in the humbucker position?

Or would you only do all three as a set?

Comment

That's just too darn neat!
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
            Heh - perhaps a "road-trip" is in order.

BTW - Does the Antiquity Surfer "set" require all three p'ups.
            Or, what I mean, would it make sense to do just neck/middle in a HSS Strat,
            and then put something completely different in the humbucker position?

Or would you only do all three as a set?
            You could buy what you need...The full set comes with a custom bridge,rwrp middle and a middle/neck for the neck position....

John

Comment

Very nice... that's going to look awesome in that blue strat of yours! I always enjoy admiring fellow lefty guitars...

By the way... if you ever come across a lefty Jazzmaster... drop me a line... LOL!!!!
              1978 Lefty Gibson Les Paul Custom (C5 bridge, Jazz neck) with Jimmy Page wiring
              1996 Lefty Fender Jazzmaster (w/ SD Antiquity IIs)
              2003 Lefty Taylor 414RCE (Rosewood Limited Edition with Expression System)
              Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3-channel through Marshall 1960A cabinet via THD HotPlate
              Effects: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, Fulltone DejaVibe, Maxon Rotary Phaser (PH-350), Boss DD6, Boss RC20 LoopStation, BBE Sonic Stomp

Comment

Originally posted by sooperunkn
                Very nice... that's going to look awesome in that blue strat of yours! I always enjoy admiring fellow lefty guitars...

By the way... if you ever come across a lefty Jazzmaster... drop me a line... LOL!!!!
                I'll do that...

Comment

Beautiful John wish you all the best
                  His Grace is Amazing

Comment

John,

Great stuff - look forward to having a more in depth review of those pups. I would be interested in what type of sounds they have and also if they combine well. As you know I'm looking to replace the ones on my Highway 1 strat but interested also on the tonal differences as I'm about to put a Warmoth (wenge neck with brazilian fretboard) on one of my strats.

Norman
                    Normans Guitars

Comment

Working...
                    X