Question about BOSS ME-50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about BOSS ME-50

Does it allow you scroll up AND down user presets? My Boss OD-20 only lets you move one way through the presets, so it can be a bit frustrating when you want to alternate between a rhythm and lead setting.
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Re: Question about BOSS ME-50

Originally posted by Biu
    Does it allow you scroll up AND down user presets? My Boss OD-20 only lets you move one way through the presets, so it can be a bit frustrating when you want to alternate between a rhythm and lead setting.
    As a matter of fact, you can't do either. Patches are stored in groups of 3 in different banks. If you're only likely to use 3 patches for any one song it's fine, but if you want to scroll between banks you need 2 of the boss non-latching footswitches which plug in to the back, unless you have tiny little feet to press the bank up/down buttons...

It's the price you pay for a fairly compact multieffects unit. Despite this drawback, it is a great unit for the price. I'd never use it for some things (the phaser is crap, and so is the fuzz) but for an all in one practice solution, it's great. It's a lot easier for experimentation than the GT-6, becuase all the knobs are right in front of you.

Jonny
    2002 PRS Singlecut, Duncan Custom / '59
    2002 Gibson LP Sandard, Duncan Custom / Burstbucker Pro
    Washburn BT2 "experimental guitar", ever changing pups
    Laney TT-20 + cab
    Marshall DSL50
    Enough effects to sink a battleship

I build custom fuzz and switch/loop boxes! PM me with your dream and I'll see what I can do!

"I, my friend, am danger on legs. DO NOT mess with me".

Comment

Yep, that's right. When I bought my ME-30 it was fine. The ME-33 came out and I saw major improvement so I upgraded. The ME-50 came out and I saw a major step back...
      -Butch Snyder
      butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

So would the GT-6 be more my thing? Is it basically everything the ME-50 is plus more?

What I really need is all the distortions of the OD-20 Twin Pedal (+ more if possible), good modulation FX, LOTs of Delay features, and good wahs.
        Watch My Videos
        Photography

Comment

If I remember correctly the Boss ME-50 is one of the few products that got negative reviews on Harmony Central. Usually the reviews for everything is 10,10,10. It might be a dog.
          GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
          KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

I dig my ME 50, it is used on all of my Soundclick tracks live when tracking, Delay, Phase, verb ect... The ring mod is the best I have found and the Whammy stuff is better than real thing as it tracks much better. No one complaines about the tones I get with this thing in front of the Plexi, extremely useful if you dial it in. The Wah is very cool as well, I use it on my track Butterface along with the Phase which is extremely close to phase 90 sounds if you mess with it.

My only issue is the signal cut when you switch patches live. Outside of that I have gotten a great deal of use out of it.
            ]
            FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Arrrg! I don't know what to do know, what with all these mixed reviews! But then again, Kevlar has NEVER steered me wrong...

Maybe most people haven't been using it with good amps? I'd be putting it in front of a tube Fender, which are known for being pedal-friendly, so maybe it'll suit my needs?
              Watch My Videos
              Photography

Comment

Working...
              X