Anyone heard of Raven West Guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone heard of Raven West Guitars?

These guitars look really good for the value(although not compared to the duo sonic in my other post). I might look into getting a hollow body someday. Anyone own or play one? I would maybe assume they would be equal quality to the G&L tributes or Hammer imports.
    Last edited by Pushpin&Poetry; 10-02-2007, 02:08 PM.

Re: Anyone heard of Raven West Guitars?

Certainly look great for the cash. Never heard of them but would consider the rg300k single cut, depending on forum member reports from peops who have actually played any of the raven range.
    👣
    👣
    💀

Comment

I had one of their PRSish copies for a bit. After a fret level and setup they're darn nice guitars for the money. I don't remember the model # but it had a mahogany body w/ a thin flame top, maple neck, 24 frets, floyded etc...I'd buy one again if the price was right.
      Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

I had one of their Basses and it was fine. Nice growl, nice action. Fretboard felt a little gritty, but after a good cleaning and some playing it smoothed out. They used to post a lot of their stuff on ebay for less than the website's cost too. Give them a check there.
        My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
        or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
        http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
        700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Redmist View Post
          Certainly look great for the cash. Never heard of them but would consider the rg300k single cut, depending on forum member reports from peops who have actually played any of the raven range.
          I think if I were to get one of these, which may or may not happen in the future, I would keep checking ebay. A really nice looking hollowboy double cut went for $350 yestereday. Sooo cheap and the quilted top looked amazing!
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=007
          Hope the link works.

The other nice thing about ebay is you see the actual guitar you are getting as opposed to the web site where they give you a random, of your color choice.

I'm wondering how these guitars compare to the other Korean made stuff, like the Korean Hammers, PRS's, and G&L Tributes?

I really think Korean stuff is getting better, we had some G&Ltributes and Hammers(korean) in the shop I worked at, they were pretty sick for the money, but these Raven West look a bit nicer(at least online) and you can get one for cheaper too.

Comment

They have a green basswood 7-string with 24 frets and Floyd Rose. Even if it sounds bad, for studying some shredding it should be awesome. And cheap enough to scallop the fretboard

Comment

Bump. Wondering if anyone else got one or is going to get one.
              My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
              or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
              http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
              700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

I have purchased one off eBay it's the rg copy neck thru with sycamore top / back
                First I had to level and dress and polish the frets, and after polishing them they are silky smooth. Truss rod adjustments work well I was able to get just a slight amount of neck relief that I like in my setup, also the intonation must be set. I also had to remove the locking nut and remove some of the Finnish which was built up so I could get the nut height down a bit.
                To me the neck is just a tad wider than the carvins and jacksons I have.
                Last is the pickups pretty much sound muddy for anything but clean sound which is quite good. I replaced the bridge PU with a golden vintage humbucker I had laying around till I get my SD's in which made a huge difference.
                I plan on dropping in a SD sh-6b and a 59n when they come in.
                I am using this as my main gigging guitar. I'll probably get another one or two in the next few months. My wife doesn't understand why I need so many guitars. I really like it it's a great value, and looks great plays great. Just remember
                You'll need some setting up to get them to your playable standards, they are no set up and ready to play out of the box no matter what they say on the web site. And bought a SKB-66 case to keep it in. These go for 98-112 on fleabay including shipping. I got the guitar for 290.
                These are made in Korea and appear to have good build quality.
                I would not hesitate to purchase another one. But they do have to be set up.
                Last edited by mobetter; 06-24-2011, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Old thread but I'll be damned, those look great for the money!

Comment

oh great

another "me too" korean guitar importer

just what we need...a bunch of cheap Epiphone copies floating around
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

A friend of mine from work just bought one off ebay about a year ago. I was impressed. It was a little gaudy and frilly for my tastes but it was a great guitar for the money.

Comment

*bump*

I just bought this one...waiting for it to arrive

Not really into neck throughs or natural wood finishes, but this was just so cool, I though I'd try something different for a change...
                        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by 9finger View Post
                          I had one of their PRSish copies for a bit. After a fret level and setup they're darn nice guitars for the money. I don't remember the model # but it had a mahogany body w/ a thin flame top, maple neck, 24 frets, floyded etc...I'd buy one again if the price was right.
                          I had one too. Mine was the hollowbody with F-holes though. Bought it right after I sold the first of the two PRS CU24s that I owned at the time. For the money it wasn't bad. But it was no PRS. Didn't stay long.
                          "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

I bought one of these a year ago.... slightly different colour and had a blemish or two -cost less than $300 brand new... plays well, very smooth... great value for money.... will change the pups out one day soon.
                            The Artiste formally known as IndySG...

Comment

They have some awesome looking guitars ....sound great too.

If I ever got a strat type guitar it would be one of these...

@ those inlays..

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X